FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » Linux releases will come again
Linux releases will come again [message #10810] Tue, 31 July 2007 09:00 Go to next message
fallingdutch is currently offline  fallingdutch
Experienced Member
Hi all,

sorry for my long absence but other work was calling me.

I already talked to Mirek and I am realy looking forward to have time again to help releasing Ultimate++ for Linux and finally work on the Networklayer.

Bas
Re: Linux releases will come again [message #10837 is a reply to message #10810] Wed, 01 August 2007 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ebojd is currently offline  ebojd
Experienced Member
What work needs to be done on the linux network layer?

EBo --
Re: Linux releases will come again [message #10866 is a reply to message #10837] Wed, 01 August 2007 20:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
masu is currently offline  masu
I think Bas means working on Upp Socket implementation, since only TCP sockets are supported (and not for example UDP sockets), AFAIK.

Matthias
Re: Linux releases will come again [message #10880 is a reply to message #10866] Thu, 02 August 2007 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Networking works on both, Linux and Windows.

I am working on a new implementation of the Socket class to be able to let the core app handle sending and receiving data using callbacks so you could use the socket like a stream, just push some data into it and read data from it (not suiteable for applications with timing issues, but for all others)
socket << "my nice data";
and be happy Smile
Additionally will add stuff like OnSent OnReceived OnTimeout as Callbacks
Bas
Re: Linux releases will come again [message #10882 is a reply to message #10880] Thu, 02 August 2007 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
fallingdutch wrote on Thu, 02 August 2007 06:28

Networking works on both, Linux and Windows.

I am working on a new implementation of the Socket class to be able to let the core app handle sending and receiving data using callbacks so you could use the socket like a stream, just push some data into it and read data from it (not suiteable for applications with timing issues, but for all others)
socket << "my nice data";
and be happy Smile
Additionally will add stuff like OnSent OnReceived OnTimeout as Callbacks
Bas

sound cool! May you have a speedy success!

EBo --
Re: Linux releases will come again [message #10883 is a reply to message #10882] Thu, 02 August 2007 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Was there any consensus on how to deal with the `pkg-config ...` issue? I played with some code back in Feb, but did not take it far because I did not know where everyone wanted to go with the issue. I will try to break away a little time for this, but I am hammered with some deadlines and will be limited in how much time I can spend...

EBo --
Re: Linux releases will come again [message #10894 is a reply to message #10810] Fri, 03 August 2007 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kknd is currently offline  Kknd
Promising Member
Great! This feature is very promising!
Re: Linux releases will come again [message #10899 is a reply to message #10894] Fri, 03 August 2007 17:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
There are a number of issues that needs to be discussed before implementing any of the various options. If we are going to seriously look into implementing this we will need some guidelines on how to address security and other issues.

EBo --
Re: Linux releases will come again [message #10995 is a reply to message #10899] Mon, 13 August 2007 09:21 Go to previous message
Experienced Member
ebojd wrote on Fri, 03 August 2007 17:06

There are a number of issues that needs to be discussed before implementing any of the various options. If we are going to seriously look into implementing this we will need some guidelines on how to address security and other issues.

EBo --

sure we will have to and will do so

Bas
Previous Topic: Mac OS X startup
Next Topic: How to promote U++ ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:41:33 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01020 seconds