Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » PR, media coverage, articles and documentation » Callbacks topic
Callbacks topic [message #58] Tue, 22 November 2005 23:30 Go to next message
pivica is currently offline  pivica
I finished topic for CallbackArgTarget and CallbackProxy. Put them in one topic, and also added Mirek's explanation about gates.
There is error in CallbackProxy example. Instead of

a = b.Proxy();

should be

a = Proxy(b);

Thats it.

Mirek tell me am I going in right direction with this topic's I write. Are they good or bad, should I change something in my approach?
I think that I'm done with a callback topics. What do you think, what next stuff should I do, probably write more topics but what to start from here?

Ivica
Re: Callbacks topic [message #60 is a reply to message #58] Tue, 22 November 2005 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Well, your english is perhaps as bad as mine Smile

Anyway, I like your fresh insight - I am using U++ for too long time to see things in "normal" people's perspective. I guess it is therefore VERY helpful. And perhaps some of our native english friends will take time later to fix the language. I believe that fixing docs is usually much easier than writing them for the first time...

Re: Callbacks topic [message #61 is a reply to message #58] Tue, 22 November 2005 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Quote:

There is error in CallbackProxy example. Instead of

a = b.Proxy();

should be

a = Proxy(b);

Thats it.

Oooops. I hope that next, when there is BETA, then RC etc... somebody will take oportunity to compile examples:)
Re: Callbacks topic [message #90 is a reply to message #60] Wed, 23 November 2005 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
luzr wrote on Tue, 22 November 2005 17:36

Well, your English is perhaps as bad as mine Smile

Hm, I believe that my English is rather some kind of Tarzan English Laughing - thank god that there is spellchecker on linux, so at least my spelling is almost correct. But what the hell, I figure when I'm already learning the basics of U++ why not putting my learning on paper so when some new babies come things would be little easier for them. And don't worry, maybe yours English isn't that good but it's probably much much better than mine;)

Quote:

And perhaps some of our native English friends will take time later to fix the language.

That would be great!

I figure that I'm now capable to start learning Core package - maybe to start with "reference\Common" example and then to try figuring out all examples which shows U++ Core package capabilities. So what do you think, should I write topics for all that.

Ivica
Re: Callbacks topic [message #91 is a reply to message #90] Wed, 23 November 2005 22:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Sure, that is the plan, is not it? Smile

Common package is there to demonstrate some common methods, operator overloads etc...

Anyway, back to the plan: Please, feel also free to suggest me adding new reference examples!

Mirek
Re: Callbacks topic [message #104 is a reply to message #90] Thu, 24 November 2005 13:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gprentice is currently offline  gprentice
Experienced Member

Quote:

And perhaps some of our native English friends will take time later to fix the language.

I will try to do some of this. Right after I write something about package organization ... well, I hope that will be in a few days.

Maybe you could post the latest version here (as attachment) of anything that you want to have the language checked (or for general review), or if you prefer not then let me know where to find it.

Regarding examples - is there anything that shows how to use mouse move events - e.g. mouse move over an image?

Graeme
Re: Callbacks topic [message #106 is a reply to message #104] Thu, 24 November 2005 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Quote:

Regarding examples - is there anything that shows how to use mouse move events - e.g. mouse move over an image?

Well, there is reference/Events example (and it is broken, but can be easily fixed, just add (int) cast where compiler complains). Anyway, it is hard to say what exactly should be the example demostrating, there is MouseMove method, MouseEnter and MouseLeave, that is all....
Re: Callbacks topic [message #109 is a reply to message #104] Thu, 24 November 2005 17:59 Go to previous message
Quote:

I will try to do some of this. Right after I write something about package organization ... well, I hope that will be in a few days.

great!!!

Quote:

Maybe you could post the latest version here (as attachment) of anything that you want to have the language checked (or for general review), or if you prefer not then let me know where to find it.

Well, I will post every topic I wrote from now on here on forum, so anybody who wont's to change, fix, improve language... are welcome. There are 2-3 topics that I posted on mail list, before forum exist, and for them the same thing apllys.
Previous Topic: Ultimate++ recruitment as of Nov 22 2005...
Next Topic: Tutorials on U++
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:15:15 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01475 seconds