Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » Upp impresses my boss...
icon14.gif  Upp impresses my boss... [message #11578] Tue, 18 September 2007 03:04 Go to next message
tvanriper is currently offline  tvanriper
My boss finds Upp extremely impressive... enough so that he suggested he might make a contribution.

"They give that away? You're kidding me. Really? No... they should get something for all that work."

I've been working on a management console for our service for the past month or so, working primarily in Upp. When I've finished, I hope to upload some screen-shots so you can see how I've been pushing the toolkit, to some extent.

I keep finding useful things as I delve into the toolkit... like saving to PDFs or RTFs easily, calling .NoBackground() on edit controls to give that certain look, and being able to easily embed various graphics files into the executable (compressed, even) for use where I need them, and so on.

In fact, at this point, he just sort of points at things on the screen, tells me how he'd like for them to look, and I try to figure out how to push Upp to make it look that way. Mostly, I've been able to do that pretty easily, with only a few exceptions, all of which I can either work around, or aren't important enough to bother.

I have to say, personally, as someone who enjoys working with C++, and who has grown comfortable thinking in terms of Generic Programming, and using constructors/destructors carefully for managing memory, I find Upp provides the most logical way of handling GUI development that I've ever seen.

Great work, folks. A truly superb effort.
Re: Upp impresses my boss... [message #11592 is a reply to message #11578] Tue, 18 September 2007 20:24 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Thanks Trey, this is encouraging Smile

Mirek
Previous Topic: Vista vs XP - building theide
Next Topic: downloadable U++ manual
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 11:27:43 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03622 seconds