Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Draw, Display, Images, Bitmaps, Icons » Raw image data manipulation
Raw image data manipulation [message #11664] Thu, 20 September 2007 22:44 Go to next message
nasos_i is currently offline  nasos_i
Promising Member
Hi all,

I have just started playing around with upp and I am really excited about its features. I am trying to adopt my code into it and I have to say that it seem astonishingly trivial in most cases.
I've been also working with Adobe's Generic Image Library (Adobe's GIL) and one of the aspects I am concerned in, is image raw data manipulation (the real image data in memory). I'd prefer sharing that data between upp/gil and maybe a capturing device for real-time image processing. I can have it in the form of interleaved RGBA, upp is using, but I can't figure out a way other than copying channel values, pixel by pixel, from my GIL image type to upp image.

Ideally the code would look like this roughly.

// This is GIL code
rgb8_image_t gil_img;
unsigned char* gil_data = interleaved_view_get_raw_data( view( img ));

// This is upp code
img.data = gil_data;  //<-- Of course this can't work

Any ideas/suggestions?
Re: Raw image data manipulation [message #11669 is a reply to message #11664] Thu, 20 September 2007 23:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
nasos_i wrote on Thu, 20 September 2007 16:44

Hi all,

I have just started playing around with upp and I am really excited about its features. I am trying to adopt my code into it and I have to say that it seem astonishingly trivial in most cases.
I've been also working with Adobe's Generic Image Library (Adobe's GIL) and one of the aspects I am concerned in, is image raw data manipulation (the real image data in memory). I'd prefer sharing that data between upp/gil and maybe a capturing device for real-time image processing. I can have it in the form of interleaved RGBA, upp is using, but I can't figure out a way other than copying channel values, pixel by pixel, from my GIL image type to upp image.

Ideally the code would look like this roughly.

// This is GIL code
rgb8_image_t gil_img;
unsigned char* gil_data = interleaved_view_get_raw_data( view( img ));

// This is upp code
img.data = gil_data;  //<-- Of course this can't work

Any ideas/suggestions?

Not sure whether it is really helpful, but Raster and RasterEncoder are classes intended for dealing with nonRGBA data...

The idea is to process always RGBA, but eventually use Raster / RasterEncoder as input / output for this processing.

Draw/Raster.h

Mirek
Re: Raw image data manipulation [message #11699 is a reply to message #11669] Sat, 22 September 2007 18:25 Go to previous message
nasos_i is currently offline  nasos_i
Promising Member
Thanx
I will look at it.
Previous Topic: Load truetype font from file?
Next Topic: Image zoom widget?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:53:12 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01147 seconds