Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » Another 2 questions about packages...
Another 2 questions about packages... [message #11898] Sun, 30 September 2007 14:43 Go to next message
mdelfede is currently offline  mdelfede
Ultimate Contributor
1) My imported sources need to have HAVE_CONFIG_H defined globally. How can I tell TheIDE to compile with this symbol defined ?

2) I get sometimes "circular use chain"; is it an error, a warning or just an info ?

Ciao

Max
Re: Another 2 questions about packages... [message #11902 is a reply to message #11898] Sun, 30 September 2007 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
mdelfede wrote on Sun, 30 September 2007 08:43

1) My imported sources need to have HAVE_CONFIG_H defined globally. How can I tell TheIDE to compile with this symbol defined ?

ATM, using "Compiler options".

Quote:

2) I get sometimes "circular use chain"; is it an error, a warning or just an info ?

Well, it is a warning - means package A is using B and B is using A. Not a healthy situation....

Practical conseqences are not that serious - the most important is that this way, "All shared" build fails (dynamic libraries require well defined dependency chain).

Mirek
Re: Another 2 questions about packages... [message #11903 is a reply to message #11902] Sun, 30 September 2007 17:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
luzr wrote on Sun, 30 September 2007 16:55

ATM, using "Compiler options".

In Setup-Build Methods-Optimize for xxxx, i suppose ?
I did so and it works.

Quote:

Well, it is a warning - means package A is using B and B is using A. Not a healthy situation....

Practical conseqences are not that serious - the most important is that this way, "All shared" build fails (dynamic libraries require well defined dependency chain).

Well, that's strange, because the libs I'm importing in TheIDE are usually built as shared modules....

Another question : I've got some .cxx files that must *not* be compiled directly, but are included by #include into other files (I know, it's awful way of coding, but so they did it..).... There's a way to tell TheIDE to not compile them, even if are listed on .upp ?

Thanx

Max

[Updated on: Sun, 30 September 2007 17:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Another 2 questions about packages... [message #11904 is a reply to message #11903] Sun, 30 September 2007 19:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
mdelfede wrote on Sun, 30 September 2007 17:15

Another question : I've got some .cxx files that must *not* be compiled directly, but are included by #include into other files (I know, it's awful way of coding, but so they did it..).... There's a way to tell TheIDE to not compile them, even if are listed on .upp ?

No.
My rant about it:
http://www.ultimatepp.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=2712& amp;start=0
Re: Another 2 questions about packages... [message #11905 is a reply to message #11904] Sun, 30 September 2007 19:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
mr_ped wrote on Sun, 30 September 2007 19:02

No.
My rant about it:
http://www.ultimatepp.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=2712& amp; amp;start=0

Argghhh!
So my importer has to rename all not compilables cxx files into something else and then patch all the includes accordingly... That's becoming a long long story....

Re: Another 2 questions about packages... [message #11906 is a reply to message #11898] Sun, 30 September 2007 20:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
I think it's easier (in amount of work) to omit them from .upp file.
Especially if the lib files are final and you are not going to touch them anytime soon.
Re: Another 2 questions about packages... [message #11907 is a reply to message #11906] Sun, 30 September 2007 20:30 Go to previous message
Ultimate Contributor
mr_ped wrote on Sun, 30 September 2007 20:15

I think it's easier (in amount of work) to omit them from .upp file.
Especially if the lib files are final and you are not going to touch them anytime soon.

Well, too late, that's already done Razz
BTW, I prefere to see the files inside the IDE than to have included files 'hidden'. I just added an 'N' to the extensions of non compilable files AND inside all #include referring to them.
As my app was already patching #includes, that was not too hard job.
Thanx for your help !

Max

Previous Topic: Problem with breakpoint using GCC and UBUNTU 7.04
Next Topic: Debugging of tables, vector, etc.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 01:43:28 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01500 seconds