Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » U++ Webs: Functioning, Layout , Design, Features and Structure of these forums, homepage etc. » Another suggestion
Another suggestion [message #966] Sat, 11 February 2006 03:41 Go to next message
jadeite is currently offline  jadeite
The opinion here seems to be the forums are ugly. Twisted Evil

Well, I don't think it is ugly, and I don't mind all the categories. But, what I don't like is it is hard to find new posts easily.

The Code::Blocks forum is quite nice in this regard, making it easy to find the latest posts. Check it out, down at the bottom; it keeps a running tab of the most recent posts, in 2 places.

Project Homepage: has a list of most recent Forum "Topics"
http://www.codeblocks.org/

Then, on the actual Forum Homepage, it keeps a running list of the most recent Formu "Posts"
http://forums.codeblocks.org/

This makes it real easy to find the latest happenings.

Just an idea.
Re: Another suggestion [message #968 is a reply to message #966] Sat, 11 February 2006 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gprentice is currently offline  gprentice
Experienced Member
Quote:

It's also easy on this forum. Click "navigation" and you can select to see recent posts from the last xx hours or xx days and you get a list of them all with the whole post shown, so you don't have to do lots of mouse clicks to read them.

Graeme
Re: Another suggestion [message #979 is a reply to message #968] Sat, 11 February 2006 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gprentice wrote on Fri, 10 February 2006 23:49

Quote:

It's also easy on this forum. Click "navigation" and you can select to see recent posts from the last xx hours or xx days

Oh, that is nice. I like it.

You know, I now realize that it is hard to read text against the darker background, especially up in the purple background (that is probably why I didn't notice some of the nice browsing features).

I personally like the light colored color scheme of the homepage:
http://upp.sourceforge.net/index.html

On the left pane, the blue backgrounds on main categories with white text, and white text on grey buttons looks very appealling to me. Easy to see.
Re: Another suggestion [message #982 is a reply to message #966] Sat, 11 February 2006 22:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gprentice is currently offline  gprentice
Experienced Member
Quote:

I personally like the light colored color scheme of the homepage:

The colour scheme of the forum is often debated here Smile

Did you know you could select some kind of blue/white/grey scheme instead of the purple one, in user preferences. I prefer the vibrancy of the purple and green scheme.

Graeme
Re: Another suggestion [message #983 is a reply to message #982] Sun, 12 February 2006 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gprentice wrote on Sat, 11 February 2006 16:01

Did you know you could select some kind of blue/white/grey scheme instead of the purple one, in user preferences. I prefer the vibrancy of the purple and green scheme.

It is vibrant Smile

I tried all 3 of these:
ari_templ
ari_templ2

The all give me the same colors though, purple, brown and green.

Firefox 1.0.7

Oh well, I can live with these colors.
Re: Another suggestion [message #985 is a reply to message #983] Sun, 12 February 2006 02:58 Go to previous message
jadeite wrote on Sat, 11 February 2006 20:41

The all give me the same colors though, purple, brown and green.

Nevermind. My mistake. I didn't have my password entered while hitting 'update'. It is all working fine.
Previous Topic: Poll: the look of this forum
Next Topic: "Under development"
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:06:22 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02303 seconds