Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: CodeEditor, Assist++, Topic++ » make CodeEditor go to first line with an error automatically [FEATURE REQUEST]
make CodeEditor go to first line with an error automatically [FEATURE REQUEST] [message #12001] Sun, 07 October 2007 17:57 Go to next message
waxblood is currently offline  waxblood
This is one of the things which bewilder me about upp: why do I have to press F4 after every unsuccessful build?

David
Re: make CodeEditor go to first line with an error automatically [FEATURE REQUEST] [message #14013 is a reply to message #12001] Wed, 06 February 2008 16:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
captainc is currently offline  captainc
Experienced Member
Because the first error that shows up frequently points to file that is not the source of the problem. You have to follow the trace to the correct file. For example, the first error could point to the memory allocation of a Upp contianer while the error was the way you added items to your Vector in your source code.
Re: make CodeEditor go to first line with an error automatically [FEATURE REQUEST] [message #14022 is a reply to message #14013] Wed, 06 February 2008 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
captainc wrote on Wed, 06 February 2008 17:34

Because the first error that shows up frequently points to file that is not the source of the problem. You have to follow the trace to the correct file. For example, the first error could point to the memory allocation of a Upp contianer while the error was the way you added items to your Vector in your source code.

Still, when there is an error, I tend to go through them in the order they appeared. It is hard to tell that not the first error is the real cause just by looking at a random error, so I had to scroll up in the output locate the first error, and so on. I think this would be relatively useful.

What I would find a lot more useful, is more compact list generated from the output error, which would allow simple one click navigation through the errors, with tool-tip for full error message and other features. Maybe a thought for the future.
Re: make CodeEditor go to first line with an error automatically [FEATURE REQUEST] [message #14026 is a reply to message #14022] Thu, 07 February 2008 04:11 Go to previous message
captainc is currently offline  captainc
Experienced Member
Now that seems like a really good idea.
Previous Topic: Help VectorMap !!!
Next Topic: theIDE help keyword search
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 03:01:38 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02061 seconds