FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » obtaining development sources
obtaining development sources [message #988] Sun, 12 February 2006 15:41 Go to next message
jadeite is currently offline  jadeite
Hello,

There is no forum set up for this type of question, so I'll post it here as I drink my 3rd cup of morning coffee.

I want to obtain the current development source.

1. Do I just use cvs via anonymous user and pserver? Is their a -revision I should be using to get development sources?

2. I keep seeing mention of uvs2. Am I supposed to use that, and if so, how? I built uvs2, but when running it I just get an error. I can't read the notes that come along with it.

Thanks.
Re: obtaining development sources [message #989 is a reply to message #988] Sun, 12 February 2006 16:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
There are basically two options:

- snapshots - each week, Daniel makes a new snapshot. Sometimes he also uploads it to cvs, but I am afraid cvs at the moment is not 100% reliable (note: we are now in process of releasing 602 version, means instead of snapshots just download beta sources).

- uvs2. The problem there is that uvs2 repository resides on low-bandwidth server, so access to it is semi-public at the moment. Means, if you would ask for it, you will get instructions:)

Mirek
Re: obtaining development sources [message #990 is a reply to message #989] Sun, 12 February 2006 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

>Sometimes he also uploads it to cvs

Sorry for that... I always have something else to do..
I will upload CVS ASAP.
Re: obtaining development sources [message #991 is a reply to message #990] Sun, 12 February 2006 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
In fact I do not see as big problem as maybe creating some confusion to users... Maybe we should switch cvs off and be fine Smile

Mirek
Re: obtaining development sources [message #992 is a reply to message #991] Sun, 12 February 2006 16:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

The only problem with updating cvs is that I can't commit all changes at once because of connection problems. I have to do it part by part (package by package) which is a little bit frustrating (when lots of files are to be updated my cvs returns an error after some time. I used tortoise cvs and now smartcvs and I still have the same problem)
From my point of view cvs can be closed Wink

BTW: If someone with better 'access' to sf cvs is here please let me now. Maybe such a person could take care of cvs...
Re: obtaining development sources [message #993 is a reply to message #989] Sun, 12 February 2006 17:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jadeite is currently offline  jadeite
luzr wrote on Sun, 12 February 2006 10:00

- uvs2. The problem there is that uvs2 repository resides on low-bandwidth server, so access to it is semi-public at the moment. Means, if you would ask for it, you will get instructions:)

Ok. I'm asking.

I just noticed in another forum that some modifications had been made to give more 'native' appearrance on win32, and I was interested in building a couple of examples to see this.

Re. cvs: I'm in North America and seem to have pretty good sourceforge cvs access. I just use cvs from command line through cygwin shell, and it seems to work good. But, I don't see the benefit of trying to keep 2 different 'cvs' repos systems in-synch. Just use one or the other. Perhaps SVN is a better choice.

Thanks
Re: obtaining development sources [message #996 is a reply to message #993] Sun, 12 February 2006 21:15 Go to previous message
hojtsy is currently offline  hojtsy
Experienced Member
jadeite wrote on Sun, 12 February 2006 11:21

I just noticed in another forum that some modifications had been made to give more 'native' appearrance on win32, and I was interested in building a couple of examples to see this.
Well, you can do that one withouth uvs2 too.
1) Backup your .../uppsrc/CtrlLib/Ctrl.iml
2) Download Ctrl.iml.zip, extract, and overwrite .../uppsrc/CtrlLib/Ctrl.iml
3) Compile any example, or TheIde itself to see the "more native" Win2000 look.
Even if you break something, which is quite unprobable, it's very easy to reinstall u++.
  • Attachment: Ctrl.iml.zip
    (Size: 12.30KB, Downloaded 1732 times)

[Updated on: Sun, 12 February 2006 21:16]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Happy New Year and productive programming everyone!
Next Topic: Poll - how you got to know U++
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:36:47 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04882 seconds