FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » future of ultimate++
future of ultimate++ [message #12270] Mon, 22 October 2007 21:48 Go to next message
wimvanherp is currently offline  wimvanherp
Promising Member
Ultimate++ seems a fascinating product but i wonder if it is not to dependant of one person. Is the development of this product carried by a whole community or will it collapse on the dark day that Mirek moves to a nice island in the big ocean far away from bits and bytes Smile

I hope that the furious reactions can convince me this is a ridiculous thought, but in the meantime I have my doubts...

66508dbf2993a5249f673ed8c66a8fb8
Re: future of ultimate++ [message #12271 is a reply to message #12270] Mon, 22 October 2007 22:08 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
wimvanherp wrote on Mon, 22 October 2007 15:48

Ultimate++ seems a fascinating product but i wonder if it is not to dependant of one person. Is the development of this product carried by a whole community or will it collapse on the dark day that Mirek moves to a nice island in the big ocean far away from bits and bytes Smile

I hope that the furious reactions can convince me this is a ridiculous thought, but in the meantime I have my doubts...

Smile Well, I guess every OSS project has to go through such a phase.

IMO, you just have to take the bet and perhaps try to live through it.... Smile

In any case, sources are out there. If it ever happens (but I like my bits and bytes!) and U++ has enough users by the time, I bet they will fork the thing and continue.

Mirek
Previous Topic: Intel G965 driver(?) bug
Next Topic: Good manual/documentation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:15:11 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00816 seconds