Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Extra libraries, Code snippets, applications etc. » Applications created with U++ » RegComFiles tool...
RegComFiles tool... [message #12326] Thu, 25 October 2007 06:14
tvanriper is currently offline  tvanriper
This isn't as exciting as my last application, but some folks here might (maybe) find it useful and interesting.

http://www.fleeb.com/RegComFiles/

This lets you register or unregister COM objects that it finds in a given folder. It should use the same mechanism used by regsvr32 (calling the DllRegisterServer and DllUnregisterServer functions in the OCX or DLL file).

Obviously, this is a Windows-centric application... I just got really annoyed watching someone struggle with registering several COM objects manually today, and decided something like this might really be useful.

The source code is freely available, if you want to tinker with it, or perhaps provide translations (if you feel so moved, for some reason).

This tool provides an example use for:

1. FileSel, as a folder-browser... includes setting the browse path prior to starting the browser.
2. Setting up your application for translation.
3. Using the GridCtrl with an embedded Option option control for each row.
4. Using a hidden column with GridCtrl.
5. Using a fixed column size with GridCtrl to prevent someone from resizing a particular column.
6. Using U++'s FindFile object (if in a somewhat simplistic fashion).
7. Using U++'s path manipulation functions to acquire a file extension, folder portion of a filepath, and the current directory.

I probably should have used U++'s dynamic library loading solution, but I didn't notice it until after I had already written the bits using ::LoadLibrary, ::FreeLibrary, and ::GetProcAddress, so it was too late.
Previous Topic: World Suite 3D
Next Topic: why "___main: duplicate" ?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 16:51:17 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01245 seconds