Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ TheIDE and Library: Releases and ChangeLogs » DateTimeCtrl refactored...
DateTimeCtrl refactored... [message #12440] Wed, 31 October 2007 14:09 Go to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

DateTimeCtrl is gone Smile It's now replaced by DropDate and DropTime. DropDate is the old DateTimeCtrl, DropTime is a calendar + clock. Clock is fully mouse controlled. Additionaly time can be adjusted by top buttons and by left and right slider.
There is no drop control to drop clock only but it can by easily done if someone needs it. It will be provided to upp later if time will be separated from date. Top buttons of calendar were rearranged. I think it's more readable now for what they are.
Here is how it looks like:
index.php?t=getfile&id=809&private=0
Enjoy and report bugs!
  • Attachment: ClockDemo.png
    (Size: 18.09KB, Downloaded 930 times)

[Updated on: Wed, 31 October 2007 14:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: DateTimeCtrl refactored... [message #12441 is a reply to message #12440] Wed, 31 October 2007 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrjt is currently offline  mrjt
Contributor
I agree about the layout of the buttons - Very nice work!

Will this be included in next dev release? It will require some (minimal) changes to my code so it would be handy to know.
Re: DateTimeCtrl refactored... [message #12443 is a reply to message #12441] Wed, 31 October 2007 18:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

Yes, it will be included in the next dev (it's already in internal src tree)
Re: DateTimeCtrl refactored... [message #12450 is a reply to message #12440] Thu, 01 November 2007 19:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mindtraveller is currently offline  Mindtraveller
Experienced Contributor

Great control for date/time!

Actually I`d like to suggest slightly different position of top labels in the top of time widget. The cause of such correction is purely an ergonomical and design matter.
I think it`s obvious that people used to see time in AA:BB format. So if you want design to be obvious, you should make top label a <<AA>>:<<BB>> format (<<,>> are arrows).
Also, I think left alignment of top label will make resulting time more clearly recognizable.

Next suggestion is to swap month and date labels (with optional adding date label - for those who is more used to line changers), for it will be more logical (and more clearly recognizable) sequence - year>month>date>time.

The last suggestion is to make seconds arrow of analog clock - optional, if it`s not already.

[Updated on: Thu, 01 November 2007 19:28]

Re: DateTimeCtrl refactored... [message #12453 is a reply to message #12450] Thu, 01 November 2007 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

Mindtraveller wrote on Thu, 01 November 2007 14:22

Great control for date/time!

Thanks!
Quote:

Actually I`d like to suggest slightly different position of top labels in the top of time widget. The cause of such correction is purely an ergonomical and design matter.
I think it`s obvious that people used to see time in AA:BB format. So if you want design to be obvious, you should make top label a <<AA>>:<<BB>> format (<<,>> are arrows).
Also, I think left alignment of top label will make resulting time more clearly recognizable.

Agree.
Quote:

Next suggestion is to swap month and date labels (with optional adding date label - for those who is more used to line changers), for it will be more logical (and more clearly recognizable) sequence - year>month>date>time.

sounds reasonable. I'll check it
Quote:

The last suggestion is to make seconds arrow of analog clock - optional, if it`s not already.

It's not there, but it will (I need it too Wink )
Re: DateTimeCtrl refactored... [message #12458 is a reply to message #12453] Sat, 03 November 2007 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

Added:
OneButton(bool b) - make "one-line" month-year button
index.php?t=getfile&id=810&private=0
Colon(bool b) - if true colon is displayed in clock header
SwapMonthYear(bool b) - if true month and year buttons are swaped (in one button mode displayed text is also swaped)
Seconds(bool b) - if false second arrow is not displayed
Changed:
Clock buttons are now centered.
Re: DateTimeCtrl refactored... [message #12459 is a reply to message #12458] Sat, 03 November 2007 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

index.php?t=getfile&id=811&private=0
icon14.gif  Re: DateTimeCtrl refactored... [message #12460 is a reply to message #12440] Sat, 03 November 2007 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mindtraveller is currently offline  Mindtraveller
Experienced Contributor

cool!
it`s how it should be! Cool
Re: DateTimeCtrl refactored... [message #12477 is a reply to message #12440] Mon, 05 November 2007 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom1
Senior Contributor
Hi,

Great stuff! Is it possible to have the date on the lower edge of the calendar -- and the main control as well -- to be displayed as yyyy-mm-dd, instead of the American mm/dd/yyyy? (The American way is very confusing in my country, since we normally use dd.mm.yyyy.)

Having a way to set the separator character and field-ordering for this control would give most convenience for users.

--

I would really like to get access to this new date/time control ASAP since I'm currently working on an application needing this sort of thing. Where can I download it? I can't seem to find any later version of Upp than 710-dev1.

// Tom
Re: DateTimeCtrl refactored... [message #12478 is a reply to message #12477] Mon, 05 November 2007 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

Hi. The format of displayed date/time depends on system locale. It's not hard-coded. New dev is coming this week, maybe even today Smile
Re: DateTimeCtrl refactored... [message #12480 is a reply to message #12440] Mon, 05 November 2007 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom1
Senior Contributor
Thanks for the great news! And I mean both the new dev version availability and the automatic system locale detection. (The old DateTimeCtrl showed US style dates even on Finnish locale, so this is a major improvement.)

Are there also plans to release a .deb package for Ubuntu or a more generic src package? I'm attempting to develop my software on both Windows and Linux (and FreeBSD) in sync to resolve any platform differences along the way.

Thanks and regards,

Tom
Re: DateTimeCtrl refactored... [message #12547 is a reply to message #12440] Thu, 08 November 2007 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom1
Senior Contributor
Hi Uno,

I sure would like to get access to the current development version of Upp. Would it be possible to have the SVN on sourceforge updated to the current state of development, if 711-dev1 is not ready to be published yet?

// Tom
Re: DateTimeCtrl refactored... [message #12548 is a reply to message #12547] Thu, 08 November 2007 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

Hi. Sure but today I'm gooing to publish a new dev.
Re: DateTimeCtrl refactored... [message #12550 is a reply to message #12440] Thu, 08 November 2007 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom1
Senior Contributor
OK!

Thanks and regards,

Tom
Re: DateTimeCtrl refactored... [message #12559 is a reply to message #12550] Fri, 09 November 2007 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom1
Senior Contributor
Hi Uno,

Thanks for releasing the latest dev! It really is great.

I have noticed two issues on DropTime control -- eventhough it's really beautiful and easy for users.

1. DropTime uses 100% CPU when open. (At least on WinVista.)
2. It shows MM/DD/YYYY (US) format date even on Finnish locale, whereas it should be DD.MM.YYYY.

And, finally a wish you obviously do not need to fulfill: How about formatting the "Title bar" of the dropped control as follows: <YYYY> <MM> <DD> <hh> <mm> <ss>

(The < and > represent the adjustment arrow buttons.)

// Tom
Re: DateTimeCtrl refactored... [message #12565 is a reply to message #12559] Fri, 09 November 2007 11:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

Quote:

I have noticed two issues on DropTime control -- eventhough it's really beautiful and easy for users.

2. It shows MM/DD/YYYY (US) format date even on Finnish locale, whereas it should be DD.MM.YYYY.

That's really strange. Do you use SetLanguage in your app? If not the default locale is used.
Quote:

And, finally a wish you obviously do not need to fulfill: How about formatting the "Title bar" of the dropped control as follows: <YYYY> <MM> <DD> <hh> <mm> <ss>
(The < and > represent the adjustment arrow buttons.)

Well, it can be done. Not a big problem. However now you can use SwapYearMonth so you'll get:
<YYYY> <MM> <hh> <mm>
instead of
<MM> <YYYY> <hh> <mm>
PS: Do you mean MM as number or name?
I know there is no DD but day should be picked from "calendar body" (I followed populars calendars).
Anyway, I'll try to add all your proposals (it's only few lines of code). Let the drop date/time be flexible Smile
Re: DateTimeCtrl refactored... [message #12567 is a reply to message #12565] Fri, 09 November 2007 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

Quote:

I have Vista too and did not noticed it. I must check it. R U sure it's from upp app (just want to be sure)?
Re: DateTimeCtrl refactored... [message #12568 is a reply to message #12567] Fri, 09 November 2007 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

Ok. I missed that. On X2 there is no full 100% (10%). I'll post fix today and update SVN. PS: Sorry for troubles..
Re: DateTimeCtrl refactored... [message #12569 is a reply to message #12565] Fri, 09 November 2007 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom1
Senior Contributor
I do not use SetLanguage. Should I? In my Windows installation the active system locale is Finnish. Or should I separately define locale for Upp somehow?

As for <MM> format, I do not have a strong opinion about this, but for me a number would be enough. It may be easier for people who do not speak english natively, but still need to access this widget on a system with English interface language.

Actually, I used already the SwapYearMonth..

Thanks,

Tom

Re: DateTimeCtrl refactored... [message #12570 is a reply to message #12568] Fri, 09 November 2007 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Ultimate Contributor

Ok Here's the patch. It removes 100% CPU bug and also fixes refreshing background of header buttons if clock or calendar are used as separate controls.
Plese everyone that use dev releases apply it (to uppsrc/CtrlLib)

[Updated on: Fri, 09 November 2007 12:10]

Previous Topic: QuickTabs refactored to use system theme to paint tabs
Next Topic: BackPaintHint
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:29:27 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01059 seconds