Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ TheIDE and Library: Releases and ChangeLogs » DateTimeCtrl refactored...
Re: DateTimeCtrl refactored... [message #12571 is a reply to message #12569] Fri, 09 November 2007 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

Quote:

I do not use SetLanguage. Should I? In my Windows installation the active system locale is Finnish. Or should I separately define locale for Upp somehow?

Yes, you should. I do sth like this:
SetLanguage(LNGC_('P','L','P','L', CHARSET_UTF8));

Of course Finnish locales must be present in Upp core lib (this is the place where format of date for given country is set)

[Updated on: Fri, 09 November 2007 12:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: DateTimeCtrl refactored... [message #12580 is a reply to message #12569] Fri, 09 November 2007 13:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Tom1 wrote on Fri, 09 November 2007 05:41

I do not use SetLanguage. Should I? In my Windows installation the active system locale is Finnish. Or should I separately define locale for Upp somehow?

As for <MM> format, I do not have a strong opinion about this, but for me a number would be enough. It may be easier for people who do not speak english natively, but still need to access this widget on a system with English interface language.

Actually, I used already the SwapYearMonth..

Thanks,

Tom

Finish is not supported yet. Awaits somebody to do translations.. Smile (http://www.ultimatepp.org/srcdoc$Core$i18n$en-us.html, also search the forum for details).

You can also set the date formatting regardless of current language settings using

void SetDateFormat(const char *fmt);

Mirek
Re: DateTimeCtrl refactored... [message #12581 is a reply to message #12580] Fri, 09 November 2007 14:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom1
Senior Contributor
Yep!

I sort of figured it out that some translations are needed. I ended up updating Lang.cpp and core.t with Finnish translations and language info.

Please, evaluate them and include to uppsrc if appropriate. Please let me know if updates/fixes or more things need to be done on this subject.

--

BTW: SetLanguage(::GetSystemLNG()) helps quite a bit, as I later also discovered in the documentation you linked to.

// Tom
Re: DateTimeCtrl refactored... [message #12583 is a reply to message #12570] Fri, 09 November 2007 14:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom1
Senior Contributor
Uno,

Thanks! No more 100% CPU.

// Tom
Re: DateTimeCtrl refactored... [message #12590 is a reply to message #12580] Fri, 09 November 2007 17:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom1
Senior Contributor
Mirek,

Here are the rest of the translations to Finnish. Again, please evaluate and merge to uppsrc if appropriate.

// Tom
Re: DateTimeCtrl refactored... [message #12638 is a reply to message #12581] Sun, 11 November 2007 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Tom1 wrote on Fri, 09 November 2007 08:08

Yep!

I sort of figured it out that some translations are needed. I ended up updating Lang.cpp and core.t with Finnish translations and language info.

Please, evaluate them and include to uppsrc if appropriate. Please let me know if updates/fixes or more things need to be done on this subject.

--

BTW: SetLanguage(::GetSystemLNG()) helps quite a bit, as I later also discovered in the documentation you linked to.

// Tom

Sigh... OK, my mistake, should have told that more clearly (again), but I really need that .tr file instead of patches to individual files.

Mirek
Re: DateTimeCtrl refactored... [message #12656 is a reply to message #12638] Mon, 12 November 2007 14:41 Go to previous message
Tom1
Senior Contributor
Please find attached the "fifi2.tr" extracted with "theide --export-tr fifi2" and updated with the Finnish translations.

// Tom
  • Attachment: fifi2.tr
    (Size: 18.62KB, Downloaded 311 times)
Previous Topic: QuickTabs refactored to use system theme to paint tabs
Next Topic: BackPaintHint
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 12:48:43 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02043 seconds