Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Draw, Display, Images, Bitmaps, Icons » Access Animated GIF ??
Access Animated GIF ?? [message #13109] Wed, 12 December 2007 12:15 Go to next message
sam1 is currently offline  sam1
Hi,

im new to Ultimate++ and im coming from the Unix c side Smile
as i see UPP supports some Image Formats. Im specially interested in the GIF Support. I found no Information in how to access a single Frame inside an Gif Animation. Can it be done? Or must i load every Frame im interested in into an Image Buffer(and how is this done?) ? How can i save multiple image buffers into one GIF ?
how can i set the Frame delay for playing the Gif i saved ?

Because i want to use upp to write a Image Converter for Game Modding im sure i have many more Questions about Imagehandling while im Developing this tool. While writing this here another Question rises: How can i write Support for new Image Formats?
where must i look how the existing formats got implemented (reading and writing)?

Many thanks in advance, i tried the Search but found NOTHING that got me further.

Greetings

Sam
Re: Access Animated GIF ?? [message #13155 is a reply to message #13109] Sun, 16 December 2007 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
sam1 wrote on Wed, 12 December 2007 06:15

Hi,

im new to Ultimate++ and im coming from the Unix c side Smile
as i see UPP supports some Image Formats. Im specially interested in the GIF Support. I found no Information in how to access a single Frame inside an Gif Animation. Can it be done? Or must i load every Frame im interested in into an Image Buffer(and how is this done?) ? How can i save multiple image buffers into one GIF ?
how can i set the Frame delay for playing the Gif i saved ?

Because i want to use upp to write a Image Converter for Game Modding im sure i have many more Questions about Imagehandling while im Developing this tool. While writing this here another Question rises: How can i write Support for new Image Formats?
where must i look how the existing formats got implemented (reading and writing)?

Many thanks in advance, i tried the Search but found NOTHING that got me further.

Greetings

Sam

Well, GIF animation seems to be supported in generic Raster interface, but the implementation is missing...

To find out how, look into plugin directory. E.g. load "ide" and check packages like "plugin/bmp" or "plugin/png".

Mirek
Re: Access Animated GIF ?? [message #26524 is a reply to message #13155] Sun, 09 May 2010 19:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
klrkt is currently offline  klrkt
Promising Member
I have the same problem.
Using theIde downloaded 4 weeks ago (approx)
Windows XP, MSC9 (debug or Optimal)
I compile the ImageView example - NO changes.
Jpg, png, Tiff, BMP - image files view as expected.

However any animated "GIF" file does not.
e.g. The "redface" Embarassed smiley displays as 2 mismatched halves.
I would like it to display as in this message and web browser.

Most animated gif files display a black "smudge" across the top and NO animation.

Can you explain what I am doing wrong, or how to fix?

Thank you.

[Updated on: Sun, 09 May 2010 19:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Access Animated GIF ?? [message #26525 is a reply to message #13109] Sun, 09 May 2010 19:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
Embarassed Sorry posted wrong ICON...
Re: Access Animated GIF ?? [message #26527 is a reply to message #26525] Sun, 09 May 2010 19:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Well, anybody willing to add animated GIF support to plugin/GIF?

Mirek
Re: Access Animated GIF ?? [message #26528 is a reply to message #26527] Sun, 09 May 2010 20:13 Go to previous message
Promising Member
I am willing to try - but obviously don't know how.
Can you provide some hints/tips?
Previous Topic: Display::PaintBackground not called
Next Topic: TopWindow content to image
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:32:53 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00990 seconds