Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Library : Other (not classified elsewhere) » Howto create import library
icon14.gif  Howto create import library [message #13183] Wed, 19 December 2007 15:42 Go to next message
fithisux is currently offline  fithisux
Promising Member
I am trying to compile a large part of portable code in mingw on my windows code. The problem is that I cannot understand howto create a import library. For example if I compile the glow toolkit I end up with a shared libglow.dll where all symbols are exported and I have to specify a -lglow to link. However it is a bit cumbersome, eg lua sticks to lua51.dll and I have to change some parts. It would be useful to have a way to specify --out-implib automatically. It could be positioned between the linker options but it does not work there. It has to be at the end. Is it possible to examine this? I need it desperately. It would be also useful on other platforms.
Re: Howto create import library [message #13188 is a reply to message #13183] Wed, 19 December 2007 18:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
fithisux wrote on Wed, 19 December 2007 09:42

I am trying to compile a large part of portable code in mingw on my windows code. The problem is that I cannot understand howto create a import library. For example if I compile the glow toolkit I end up with a shared libglow.dll where all symbols are exported and I have to specify a -lglow to link. However it is a bit cumbersome, eg lua sticks to lua51.dll and I have to change some parts. It would be useful to have a way to specify --out-implib automatically. It could be positioned between the linker options but it does not work there. It has to be at the end. Is it possible to examine this? I need it desperately. It would be also useful on other platforms.

I am afraid I do not quite understand the problem.

You are compiling using exactly what?

Mirek
Re: Howto create import library [message #13196 is a reply to message #13188] Thu, 20 December 2007 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
Hi, I have tried to compile the glow library on my win-xp-32bit pc using mingw taken from http://nuwen.net/mingw.html

The problem is that I want to create a glow.dll along with libglow.a import library. I have read that it can be done with mingw if I specify

--out-implib=libglow.a

I do it in the linker options but nothing is produced. AFAIK it must be specified at the very end of the linker options (after libraries). How can I do it with mingw/ultimate++? How do you do it?
Re: Howto create import library [message #13197 is a reply to message #13196] Thu, 20 December 2007 10:49 Go to previous message
Promising Member
SOLVED!!!

Specify -Wl,--out-implib,libglow.a

Previous Topic: Zoom a specific area
Next Topic: EditDate bug ( possible)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 09:32:06 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02416 seconds