Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Library : Other (not classified elsewhere) » call to system() under Windows
call to system() under Windows [message #13275] Fri, 28 December 2007 10:47 Go to next message
forlano is currently offline  forlano
Senior Contributor
Hello,

from my program under Windows (a gui) I call an external program made itself with a gui (but it could be a console application), say childgui.exe by the command:
system ("childgui.exe");

I observe that the child process is became like a modal dialog and prevent me to use in the meanwhile the parent program. Only when I close childgui.exe the control come back to the main program.
I would like to know if there is a way under Windows to let the child process to operate indipendently of the main exe without to stop it. (for some reason I cannot avoid the use of system() because the child process is a sort of external plugin that I do not know in advance, but perhaps there is a better way to run it).

Thanks,
Luigi

[Updated on: Fri, 28 December 2007 10:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: call to system() under Windows [message #13277 is a reply to message #13275] Fri, 28 December 2007 13:25 Go to previous message
gertwin is currently offline  gertwin
Promising Member
Use Createprocess in combination with GetExitCodeProcess to get the result or use another thread whith the system function.
I prefer using the function Createprocess over the function system.

Gertwin
Previous Topic: Drawing without calling Refresh()
Next Topic: TheIde - Missing Templates (GNU/Linux)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:12:08 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01492 seconds