Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » New user
New user [message #13466] Thu, 10 January 2008 04:21 Go to next message
amiel is currently offline  amiel
I get the error ...

"Error running process: The system cannot find the file specified."

Console program with a simple main routine returning int appears to compile but will not build. Directories are empty, no source code and no object modules.

Appears to be an IDE problem. What am I doing wrong...? Otherwise everything is just peachy. Smile

Amiel.
program with a simple main routine returning int appears to compile but will not build. [message #13467 is a reply to message #13466] Thu, 10 January 2008 06:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fudadmin is currently offline  fudadmin
Ultimate Contributor
Administrator
amiel wrote on Thu, 10 January 2008 03:21

I get the error ...

"Error running process: The system cannot find the file specified."

Console program with a simple main routine returning int appears to compile but will not build. Directories are empty, no source code and no object modules.

Appears to be an IDE problem. What am I doing wrong...? Otherwise everything is just peachy. Smile

Amiel.

Are you trying to compile a package "New user"? Smile If not, which one? Are you able to build and run any examples packages?
Post your ???.upp file. And your main routine. I guess that you don't know the difference between Upp application and non-upp application... upp macro is missing? Have you got CONSOLE_UPP (or similar? Smile ) in your main? Can have a look in Core/App.cpp I'm just lazy at this time of the night to investigate deeper because you didn't post your test case... Smile You can search with Ctrl_Shift_F the whole uppsrc to find if that kind of message exists and where.

Best regards, Aris

P.S I edited your topic name - was "New user". Imagine if everyone who has a problem names topic "New user"

Edit2: How have you created your package? From a template? Which one? if not, try from a template and compare the differences...

[Updated on: Thu, 10 January 2008 06:41]

Report message to a moderator

Re: program with a simple main routine returning int appears to compile but will not build. [message #21569 is a reply to message #13467] Wed, 27 May 2009 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
norrin is currently offline  norrin
Hi,

It seems that this discussion thread has stopped some time ago already but I would like to get through this topic as I am facing a similar issue today.

I have downloaded and installed the u++ application (upp-win32-1205.exe). I configured it to use MSVC8 (Express Edition 2005)

To get started with the tool, I opened and tried to build the "days" example.
Just as in the comment made in the previous user post, I am able to compile the cpp code of "days" example but I can't build the example and get an executable to run.

When I start building the example, I get the error messages hereafter included.

Could someone help me getting through this issue?

Thanks!

Norrin

------------------------------------------------------------
----- CtrlLib ( GUI MSC8 DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 MSC ) (1 / 9)
BLITZ: LabelBase.cpp Button.cpp Switch.cpp EditField.cpp Text.cpp LineEdit.cpp DocEdit.cpp ScrollBar.cpp HeaderCtrl.cpp ArrayCtrl.cpp MultiButton.cpp PopupTable.cpp Dro
pList.cpp DropChoice.cpp Static.cpp Splitter.cpp FrameSplitter.cpp SliderCtrl.cpp ColumnList.cpp Progress.cpp AKeys.cpp RichTextView.cpp Prompt.cpp Help.cpp DateTim
eCtrl.cpp Bar.cpp MenuItem.cpp MenuBar.cpp ToolButton.cpp ToolBar.cpp ToolTip.cpp StatusBar.cpp TabCtrl.cpp TreeCtrl.cpp DlgColor.cpp ColorPopup.cpp ColorPusher.cpp
FileList.cpp FileSel.cpp PrinterJob.cpp Windows.cpp Win32.cpp TrayIconWin32.cpp TrayIconX11.cpp CtrlUtil.cpp Update.cpp LNGCtrl.cpp Ch.cpp ChGtk.cpp
Error running process: The system cannot find the file specified.
Command: cl.exe -nologo -W3 -GR -c -I"C:\upp\examples" -I"C:\upp\uppsrc" -I"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition - ENU\V
c\Include" -I"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition - ENU\Vc\PlatformSDK\Include" -DflagGUI -DflagMSC8 -DflagDEBUG -D
flagDEBUG_FULL -DflagBLITZ -DflagWIN32 -DflagMSC -DbmYEAR=2009 -DbmMONTH=5 -DbmDAY=27 -DbmHOUR=12 -DbmMINUTE=3 -DbmSECOND=4 -EHsc -Zi -MTd -Od -Gy -Fd"C:/upp/out/C
trlLib/MSC8.Debug.Debug_full.Gui\CtrlLib-1.pdb" -Tp "C:/upp/out/CtrlLib/MSC8.Debug.Debug_full.Gui\$blitz.cpp" -Fo"C:/upp/out/CtrlLib/MSC8.Debug.Debug_full.Gui\$blit
z.obj"Error running process: The system cannot find the file specified.
Command: cl.exe -nologo -W3 -GR -c -I"C:\upp\examples" -I"C:\upp\uppsrc" -I"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition - ENU\V
c\Include" -I"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition - ENU\Vc\PlatformSDK\Include" -DflagGUI -DflagMSC8 -DflagDEBUG -D
flagDEBUG_FULL -DflagBLITZ -DflagWIN32 -DflagMSC -DbmYEAR=2009 -DbmMONTH=5 -DbmDAY=27 -DbmHOUR=12 -DbmMINUTE=3 -DbmSECOND=4 -EHsc -Zi -MTd -Od -Gy -Fd"C:/upp/out/C
trlLib/MSC8.Debug.Debug_full.Gui\CtrlLib-1.pdb" -Tp "C:\upp\uppsrc\CtrlLib\ChWin32.cpp" -Fo"C:/upp/out/CtrlLib/MSC8.Debug.Debug_full.Gui\ChWin32.obj "Error running p
rocess: The system cannot find the file specified.
trlLib/MSC8.Debug.Debug_full.Gui\CtrlLib-1.pdb" -Tp "C:\upp\uppsrc\CtrlLib\CtrlLib.icpp" -Fo"C:/upp/out/CtrlLib/MSC8.Debug.Debug_full.Gui\CtrlLib.obj "
There were errors. (0:00.17)
------------------------------------------------------------ ---
Re: program with a simple main routine returning int appears to compile but will not build. [message #21570 is a reply to message #21569] Wed, 27 May 2009 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
norrin wrote on Wed, 27 May 2009 06:04

Hi,

It seems that this discussion thread has stopped some time ago already but I would like to get through this topic as I am facing a similar issue today.

I have downloaded and installed the u++ application (upp-win32-1205.exe). I configured it to use MSVC8 (Express Edition 2005)

To get started with the tool, I opened and tried to build the "days" example.
Just as in the comment made in the previous user post, I am able to compile the cpp code of "days" example but I can't build the example and get an executable to run.

When I start building the example, I get the error messages hereafter included.

Could someone help me getting through this issue?

Thanks!

Norrin

------------------------------------------------------------
----- CtrlLib ( GUI MSC8 DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 MSC ) (1 / 9)
BLITZ: LabelBase.cpp Button.cpp Switch.cpp EditField.cpp Text.cpp LineEdit.cpp DocEdit.cpp ScrollBar.cpp HeaderCtrl.cpp ArrayCtrl.cpp MultiButton.cpp PopupTable.cpp Dro
pList.cpp DropChoice.cpp Static.cpp Splitter.cpp FrameSplitter.cpp SliderCtrl.cpp ColumnList.cpp Progress.cpp AKeys.cpp RichTextView.cpp Prompt.cpp Help.cpp DateTim
eCtrl.cpp Bar.cpp MenuItem.cpp MenuBar.cpp ToolButton.cpp ToolBar.cpp ToolTip.cpp StatusBar.cpp TabCtrl.cpp TreeCtrl.cpp DlgColor.cpp ColorPopup.cpp ColorPusher.cpp
FileList.cpp FileSel.cpp PrinterJob.cpp Windows.cpp Win32.cpp TrayIconWin32.cpp TrayIconX11.cpp CtrlUtil.cpp Update.cpp LNGCtrl.cpp Ch.cpp ChGtk.cpp
Error running process: The system cannot find the file specified.
trlLib/MSC8.Debug.Debug_full.Gui\CtrlLib-1.pdb" -Tp "C:/upp/out/CtrlLib/MSC8.Debug.Debug_full.Gui\$blitz.cpp" -Fo"C:/upp/out/CtrlLib/MSC8.Debug.Debug_full.Gui\$blit
z.obj"Error running process: The system cannot find the file specified.
trlLib/MSC8.Debug.Debug_full.Gui\CtrlLib-1.pdb" -Tp "C:\upp\uppsrc\CtrlLib\ChWin32.cpp" -Fo"C:/upp/out/CtrlLib/MSC8.Debug.Debug_full.Gui\ChWin32.obj "Error running p
rocess: The system cannot find the file specified.
trlLib/MSC8.Debug.Debug_full.Gui\CtrlLib-1.pdb" -Tp "C:\upp\uppsrc\CtrlLib\CtrlLib.icpp" -Fo"C:/upp/out/CtrlLib/MSC8.Debug.Debug_full.Gui\CtrlLib.obj "
There were errors. (0:00.17)
------------------------------------------------------------ ---

Please check whether cl.exe is either in environment PATH or in "Executable" directories in Setup/Build methods for MSC8.

Mirek
Re: program with a simple main routine returning int appears to compile but will not build. [message #21571 is a reply to message #21569] Wed, 27 May 2009 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrjt is currently offline  mrjt
Contributor
Post deleted: Useless content Smile

[Updated on: Wed, 27 May 2009 14:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: program with a simple main routine returning int appears to compile but will not build. [message #21589 is a reply to message #21570] Thu, 28 May 2009 15:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks, It seems that was the problem...
I bumped into other missing components which I could fix by adding the path in executable/includes/libraries...

I'll give the example build another try...

Br

Norrin
Re: program with a simple main routine returning int appears to compile but will not build. [message #21590 is a reply to message #21570] Thu, 28 May 2009 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Still in the process of compiling "Days" example but making some progress..
The build is going forward now but unfortunatly, I bumped into a linking error:

----- Days ( GUI MAIN MSC8 DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 MSC ) (9 / 9)
pngreg.icpp
pngupp.cpp
plugin\png: 3 file(s) built in (0:08.35), 2784 msecs / file, duration = 10875 msecs, parallelization 100%
main.cpp
Days: 1 file(s) built in (0:09.13), 9133 msecs / file, duration = 15453 msecs, parallelization 1%
Linking...
uuid.lib(unknwn_i.obj) : fatal error LNK1103: debugging information corrupt; recompile module

There were errors. (2:27.04)

Any idea what could the reason be for that error?

Br

Norrin
Re: program with a simple main routine returning int appears to compile but will not build. [message #21591 is a reply to message #21590] Thu, 28 May 2009 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
The problem looks like your tools are not installed correctly or they are not found.

You need Microsoft SDK and Visual Studio Express does not contain that. It is a separate download. Please check that you have done everything to install SDK: Instructions.

But first you should also check the contents of TheIDE's menu Setup/Automatic Setup. Post a screenshot here.
Re: program with a simple main routine returning int appears to compile but will not build. [message #21592 is a reply to message #21590] Thu, 28 May 2009 17:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
norrin wrote on Thu, 28 May 2009 10:19

Hi,

Still in the process of compiling "Days" example but making some progress..
The build is going forward now but unfortunatly, I bumped into a linking error:

----- Days ( GUI MAIN MSC8 DEBUG DEBUG_FULL BLITZ WIN32 MSC ) (9 / 9)
pngreg.icpp
pngupp.cpp
plugin\png: 3 file(s) built in (0:08.35), 2784 msecs / file, duration = 10875 msecs, parallelization 100%
main.cpp
Days: 1 file(s) built in (0:09.13), 9133 msecs / file, duration = 15453 msecs, parallelization 1%
Linking...
uuid.lib(unknwn_i.obj) : fatal error LNK1103: debugging information corrupt; recompile module

There were errors. (2:27.04)

Any idea what could the reason be for that error?

Br

Norrin

It is quite possible that during previous attempts, some file was left corrupted by SDK tools.

Try "bomb" - Build/Rebuild all. That will regenerate all files.

Mirek
Re: program with a simple main routine returning int appears to compile but will not build. [message #21615 is a reply to message #21592] Fri, 29 May 2009 13:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,
Thanks for your reply... it is quite possible to have some remaining installation issues. I gave it a try and changed the build option from DEBUG to OPTIMAL and that passed OK then.
I am not sure why I could not build for debug though.

For SDK, I have installed it as you need it otherwise you could not get through the linking part.

Br

Norrin
Re: program with a simple main routine returning int appears to compile but will not build. [message #21674 is a reply to message #21615] Sun, 31 May 2009 22:22 Go to previous message
Ultimate Member
norrin wrote on Fri, 29 May 2009 07:09

Hi,
Thanks for your reply... it is quite possible to have some remaining installation issues. I gave it a try and changed the build option from DEBUG to OPTIMAL and that passed OK then.
I am not sure why I could not build for debug though.

For SDK, I have installed it as you need it otherwise you could not get through the linking part.

Br

Norrin

You can also try "Build/Clean UPPOUT". That will delete ALL intermediate files.

Mirek
Previous Topic: Cross Compile to ARM via ToolChain
Next Topic: remote build
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:50:17 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01574 seconds