Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » Docking package (plus examples)
Re: Docking package (plus examples) [message #22642 is a reply to message #22510] Mon, 03 August 2009 10:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tojocky is currently offline  tojocky
Contributor

Hello All,
Very interesting project.. by I thing that have a little bag.
index.php?t=getfile&id=1866&private=0
This bug i produced on win32 windows xp os with the latest svn repository. When I unmark and after then mark Windows Menu button from Docking window Manager form, The buttons of the docking windows was positioned wrong.

[Updated on: Mon, 03 August 2009 10:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Docking package (plus examples) [message #22935 is a reply to message #22642] Sun, 30 August 2009 19:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Didier is currently offline  Didier
Contributor
Hi,

I have the latest svn version and there are two Docking pacakges:
one uppdev and one in bazaar.
The one in Bazaar works, the other one has unresolved conflicts and therefore does not compile.

Which one should be used ?
Re: Docking package (plus examples) [message #22945 is a reply to message #22935] Tue, 01 September 2009 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello Didier

As far as I know in Bazaar there are the "stable" versions of packages submitted by the Upp community.

Therefore the right package to use would be the one in Bazaar.

Best regards
Koldo

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Docking package (plus examples) [message #22946 is a reply to message #13581] Tue, 01 September 2009 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello James Thomas

Here I enclose you a translation to spanish.

Best regards
Koldo
  • Attachment: Docking.t
    (Size: 3.20KB, Downloaded 279 times)

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Docking package (plus examples) [message #22947 is a reply to message #22946] Tue, 01 September 2009 20:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Hi Koldo,

Thanks !
Re: Docking package (plus examples) [message #23179 is a reply to message #22642] Wed, 23 September 2009 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tojocky is currently offline  tojocky
Contributor

I see that this bug is not corrected.

It is persist in ubuntu 9.04 too!

tojocky wrote on Mon, 03 August 2009 11:43

Hello All,
This bug i produced on win32 windows xp os with the latest svn repository. When I unmark and after then mark Windows Menu button from Docking window Manager form, The buttons of the docking windows was positioned wrong.

Re: Docking package (plus examples) [message #23299 is a reply to message #23179] Wed, 07 October 2009 18:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrjt is currently offline  mrjt
Contributor
tojocky wrote on Wed, 23 September 2009 12:38

I see that this bug is not corrected.

It is persist in ubuntu 9.04 too!

tojocky wrote on Mon, 03 August 2009 11:43

Hello All,

Fixed. It was actually caused by hiding the buttons then showing them agan.

I haven't merged the translation files yet.
Re: Docking package (plus examples) [message #23524 is a reply to message #23299] Tue, 27 October 2009 11:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrei_natanael is currently offline  andrei_natanael
Experienced Member
The un-docked window doesn't get docked back, it doesn't get docking hints shown. That happen on Gnome 2.28 with Gnome effects (not compiz), Ubuntu 9.10.

[Updated on: Tue, 27 October 2009 11:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Docking package (plus examples) [message #23661 is a reply to message #13581] Wed, 11 November 2009 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
softcoder is currently offline  softcoder
At first: Thank you for this great cool thing!
But I think I've found a bug concerning styles in docking (I'm using WinXP).

To see what I mean, perform the following steps:
- Open DockingExample2 as project in UPP so you can compile it etc.
- Add this function (which is basing on BlueBar):
void DockingExample::ChangeStyle()
{
	TabCtrl::Style& ctrlTabBarStyle = DockTabBar::StyleDefault().Write();
	ctrlTabBarStyle.Standard();
	for(int i = 0; i < 4; i++)
	{
		ctrlTabBarStyle.text_color[i] = White();
	}
}

- In DockingExample::DockingExample() replace
button <<= THISBACK(OnUserGuide);	

by
button <<= THISBACK(ChangeStyle);

- Compile and execute the program.
- Look at the tabs (TreeCtrl 1 and 2) at the left bottom of the window. The font color is black as it should be.
- Pull one of the tabs out of the window so it becomes an additional floating window.
- Drag'n'drop the floating window where it was before.
- Now push the "User Guide" button -> font doesn't become white although it should become white.
- Pull out the tab again and drop it again to its old place -> font is white.

My current workaround (or even the best possible bugfix?) is to add the following line directly before Refresh() in DockCont::GroupRefresh():
tabbar.SetStyle(tabbar.GetAlign(), DockTabBar::StyleDefault());

This problem even occurs in UPP1679 (the newest version availabe here, but mainly using a much older one for some reasons).

Now the question: Is the problem sitting in front of my screen or is that really a bug? If it's a bug, is it a good solution?

TIA

softcoder
Re: Docking package (plus examples) [message #23663 is a reply to message #23661] Wed, 11 November 2009 18:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
The problem is that TabBar requires a different style for each orientation. These are generated on demand and you have to make sure you modify the correct one.

The Docking tabs use bottom alignment, so this should work:
void DockingExample::ChangeStyle()
{
	TabCtrl::Style& ctrlTabBarStyle = DockTabBar::StyleBottom().Write();
	ctrlTabBarStyle.Standard(); // Is this necessary?
	for(int i = 0; i < 4; i++)
	{
		ctrlTabBarStyle.text_color[i] = White();
	}
}
(untested though)

I'm suprised your solution works actually. This code:
tabbar.SetStyle(tabbar.GetAlign(), DockTabBar::StyleDefault());

is applying the style for top-aligned tabs to a bottom aligned TabBar. I would expect the tabs to be the wrong way up.
Re: Docking package (plus examples) [message #23966 is a reply to message #23663] Sat, 12 December 2009 19:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mdelfede is currently offline  mdelfede
Ultimate Contributor
Hi,

I'm testing your docking package, really impressive Smile

I have just a small question : I'd need some sort of tabbed docking, but without having a dockable container... I mean, I'd need to tabify-untabify some windows inside a FIXED container, which shouldn't be dockable. When last tab is undocked it should stay empty in-place waiting for pages to be eventually re-tabified.
The docking bar shouldn't be present, either, just the tabs.
Is it possible ?

Another nice thing would be the ability to lock/unlock some parts or the whole interface.

Ciao

Max
Re: Docking package (plus examples) [message #23971 is a reply to message #23966] Sun, 13 December 2009 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
Hi,

Try TabCtrl: tab management without docking facility.
I'm not it's what you need but it's simple and works well, you can also put controls in the tab to do whatever you want

Here is a screen shot of where you can see the different possibilities

Re: Docking package (plus examples) [message #23973 is a reply to message #23971] Sun, 13 December 2009 10:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Hi Didier,

That's not exactly what I meant, but it's indeed what I'm using Smile
I'll wait to introduce docking in my app later on.
What I wanted to do was the ability to open more application files, show them inside a tabbed view and have the ability to undock each "job" to have it on a separate window, if needed.... handy to look, for example, at 2 jobs at once.
Just a little comfort more when copy/paste between different jobs whithout having to switch between them with the tabs.
I like also the autohide function, for page selection, for example, but I'll wait to introduce it later, too. I think I'll have to extend a bit the docking package, but no time now.

Thank you for answer Smile

Ciao

Massimo
Re: Docking package (plus examples) [message #23998 is a reply to message #23973] Wed, 16 December 2009 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor
I think everything you need is in the TabBar package, and you can add docking later. It's much more suited to a document tab system than TabCtrl is.

Just make a TopWindow derived document viewing window with a TabBar frame and add the callback behaviour. You may only need to use WhenClose and WhenAction, the others are there to support complex behaviour.

Unfortunately the Autohide behaviour is missing, I'm not sure why. Possibly I forgot to add it but it can also cause some layout problems so maybe it's left out for that reason. The DockTabBar class in the Docking package implements it and it's not much code so you could add it youself to a derived class.

If you want to overload the right-click menu you must create a derived class and overload ContextMenu.

There is a lot of additional stuff you can do with it if you want to (custom icons and Display, groups, key/value behaviour and stacking to name a few) but out-of-the box it should fit your requiredments fairly well. Let me know if you need some assistance, there isn't any documentation at the moment.

James
Re: Docking package (plus examples) [message #24030 is a reply to message #23998] Sat, 19 December 2009 23:06 Go to previous message
Ultimate Contributor
Hi mrjt,

thank you for suggestions, I' already using tabctrl, but I'll try to add docking/autohide later on, when app will be finished.

Ciao

Max
Previous Topic: SysInfo, Functions4U and Controls4U packages
Next Topic: TabBar Major Revision
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:31:49 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01785 seconds