Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: CodeEditor, Assist++, Topic++ » parenthesis highlight with escape characters between and wrong comments highlighting [BUGS][FIXED]
parenthesis highlight with escape characters between and wrong comments highlighting [BUGS][FIXED] [message #81] Wed, 23 November 2005 15:20 Go to next message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
void foo(void)
{
  printf("\n");
}

When I go with cursor to ), the { is highligted as a pair, instead of (, and when I go to (, the } is highlighted.
When I change "\n" to "XX", highlight will work ok. Also \t and maybe others are breaking pairing.

Besides that, when I go to either { or }, I get no highlight at all. (Is it intentional behaviour, or bug?)

And (my favourite) absolute evergreen:
  printf("};\n");    //comment over two lines\
  foo();

comment text "foo();" is not highlighted as comment, but as regular C source.

Whenever I make some ASCII art in comments ending with backslash, I'm asking for trouble when I'm using IDE which can not parse this case correctly.

And there are more problems with /* */ handling:
/**/
  source();
/*/
  commented_out_source();
/**/

is not highlighted as comment, only when the /*/ is changed to /* / ... etc. Make sure your parser produces same results as C/C++ compiler in any possible case.

... try "/*/*" at the end of the code snippet for bonus behaviour... (second asterisk is colored as source code, but next source is treated like "comment")

[Updated on: Tue, 02 May 2006 10:36] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: wrong parenthesis highlight with escape characters between and wrong comments highlighting [message #85 is a reply to message #81] Wed, 23 November 2005 17:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Thank you. Things to fix.
Re: wrong parenthesis highlight with escape characters between and wrong comments highlighting [message #736 is a reply to message #85] Sun, 29 January 2006 21:53 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Fixed (all of them) (I hope Smile

Mirek
Previous Topic: topic++ browser [BUG][FIXED]
Next Topic: CodeEditor: horizontal scrollbar [BUG?] - [INTENTIONAL]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:36:25 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01248 seconds