Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Installation, Compiling and Running of theide » HPUX Compiling?
HPUX Compiling? [message #1180] Wed, 22 February 2006 00:44 Go to next message
concord704 is currently offline  concord704
For the fun of it, I downloaded the source (upp-linux386-602-beta4.zip) to see if it would compile on a HP-UXlli C3000 system.

I unzipped the source using a PC and ftped the source to the HP.

Changed the directories in the Makefile (under ide).

Converted the Makefile to eliminate the line-feeds (dos2ux).

Ran make and get error that it can't find a file, the file does not exist:

Make: Don't know how to make /qt/ult/uppsrc/CtrlLib/QtfCtrl.h. Stop.

I then downloaded the latest CVS (20060129.zip) and got same error, any ideas?

Thanks.
Re: HPUX Compiling? [message #1181 is a reply to message #1180] Wed, 22 February 2006 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Compiling with HP-UX is very interesting effort, thanks!

Recently there was trouble as we forgot to export makefiles before release, but that should be fixed now (as of beta4). (QtfCtrl.cpp was removed from the source tree).

I am quite puzzled, I have just checked it by searching Makefile for "QtfCtrl" and found nothing. Are you sure it is beta4? (However, I checked from the folder here, I will try to download and unpack from sf.net).

As for chances that it will run on HP-UX - one possible limitation is that U++ now requires Xft / XRender - without them chances are dim... (there is old XLFD font rendering path, but it was not tested for some time now and will not be supported anymore).

Mirek
Re: HPUX Compiling? [message #1191 is a reply to message #1180] Wed, 22 February 2006 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You are correct, it was beta3 version. I downloaded it from the Altanta,GA,USA INTERNAP mirror. I tried to download again this morning and it shows beta4 in the download title, but it's now a very short download and is not a valid zip file. I downloaded beta4 from the Kent,UK U of Kent website with no problems. I think INTERNAP mirror is having problems.

Thanks.
Re: HPUX Compiling? [message #1192 is a reply to message #1181] Wed, 22 February 2006 16:19 Go to previous message
luzr wrote on Wed, 22 February 2006 02:33

As for chances that it will run on HP-UX - one possible limitation is that U++ now requires Xft / XRender - without them chances are dim... (there is old XLFD font rendering path, but it was not tested for some time now and will not be supported anymore).

Mirek

Just tried to compile with gcc 3.4.2 and it started streaming errors on the Draw.h file,

":240 error: ISO C++ forbids dec of 'XftFont' with no type"
":240 error: expeced ':' before '*' token".

O'well, thought it would be interesting to see if it would compile. I've played with CodeBlocks/wx on the PC, haven't tried it on HPUX yet. Probably use Qt on my next year project since we have a license for it.

[Updated on: Thu, 23 February 2006 16:41]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Running IDE under FreeBSD
Next Topic: 602beta3 win installer crashes [BUG]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:45:56 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00899 seconds