Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Libraries and TheIDE: i18n, Unicode and Internationalization » Slovak tr file for 2008.1beta
Slovak tr file for 2008.1beta [message #14102] Mon, 11 February 2008 08:52 Go to next message
qapko is currently offline  qapko
Here is slovak tr file for all messages in AllForI18n. I hope it is usefull.

Gabi

PS: When I started using Ultimate++ I was really surprised there are no slovak names for months and days at all Wink Aren't there any slovak speaking users of Ultimate++ ?
Re: Slovak tr file for 2008.1beta [message #14105 is a reply to message #14102] Mon, 11 February 2008 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
qapko wrote on Mon, 11 February 2008 08:52

Aren't there any slovak speaking users of Ultimate++ ?

I'm here too, I just don't care about localization of applications (actually I hate them, I always prefer English version of SW as localized SW tends to produce all kind of subtle (but time consuming) problems to me, like not understanding GUI - some translations are weird and don't capture the original English meaning very well, problems with different decimal separator (total hell for any scripts and parsers which are not prepared for that), etc...).

That does not mean your translation is not welcome even by me, it may be handy one day. If applications can switch between languages easily, it's ok for me, I just hate that SW which does use even different binary for every localization and can't be switched in menu.

BTW, after writing this I ran TheIDE to try some translation just out of curiosity... and guess what ... I don't see how to switch it to other than English language in menu. Smile

[Updated on: Mon, 11 February 2008 10:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Slovak tr file for 2008.1beta [message #14108 is a reply to message #14105] Mon, 11 February 2008 12:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
qapko is currently offline  qapko
You are right. On my computer I always install only English version of software if possible. But it is much "safer" for me as a programmer to deploy application to our customers in Slovak translation - our average customer often feels much better if he clicks on "Zlikviduj" rather than "Destroy" Smile

Have a nice day

Gabi
Re: Slovak tr file for 2008.1beta [message #14171 is a reply to message #14108] Sun, 17 February 2008 17:58 Go to previous message
pepe11 is currently offline  pepe11
Promising Member

I'm here too. Thanks for your job. I usually use czech language. But you have taken me over.

Pepe
Previous Topic: Hungarian translation update
Next Topic: Clipping errors in RichEdit with german language
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:51:01 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01192 seconds