Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Draw, Display, Images, Bitmaps, Icons » RectTracker filled with black
Re: RectTracker filled with black [message #14589 is a reply to message #14572] Tue, 04 March 2008 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
luzr wrote on Mon, 03 March 2008 21:48

I was thinking about this issue a bit.

Would not it be better instead of ALIGN_NULL to allow negative "MinSize" ?

Mirek

Well I chose ALIGN_NULL because I was trying to keep it in line with the rest of the API and make it as unintrusive as possible.

But anything will do. I just want it to work right. Right now I'm using a slightly "hacked" version of RectTracker, which might become a private ShapeTracker before the next release, because I don't want to have to change things every time I download a new U++.

This class has to cover the following points:
1. Allow full mouse movement
2. Be uniform in it's interpretation of coordinates. Current rect tracker doesn't seem to be.
3. Be precise. Again, not the case with current. An experienced user will get annoyed very quickly when they have to drag the mouse one extra pixel depending on the quadrant to align some stuff.

And in the future, I'll need it to track arrows, so that you can visually design relationships between objects. Nothing fancy, just a line with a small arrow head.
Re: RectTracker filled with black [message #14922 is a reply to message #14589] Thu, 20 March 2008 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Would it be possible to remove the static from uint64 sGetAniPat(uint64 src, int pos) in localloop.cpp.

And this is the wrong place to ask, but how do I get the real name of the StdFont()?
Re: RectTracker filled with black [message #14924 is a reply to message #14922] Thu, 20 March 2008 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
And another question: Why is
void DrawDragRect(Draw& w, const Rect& rect1, const Rect& rect2, const Rect& clip, int n,
                  Color color, uint64 pattern)
so complicated Smile. Couldn't one use just simple DrawRects with NOTXOR drawing mode? I'm asking because I'm implementing custom dragable shapes.
Re: RectTracker filled with black [message #14962 is a reply to message #14924] Sat, 22 March 2008 20:33 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
cbpporter wrote on Thu, 20 March 2008 10:31

And another question: Why is
void DrawDragRect(Draw& w, const Rect& rect1, const Rect& rect2, const Rect& clip, int n,
                  Color color, uint64 pattern)
so complicated Smile. Couldn't one use just simple DrawRects with NOTXOR drawing mode? I'm asking because I'm implementing custom dragable shapes.

Because of flickering.

Mirek
Previous Topic: How can I use RectTracker in a rubber-band like operation?
Next Topic: [Bug] Windows UI Refresh Missed.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 19:37:52 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01406 seconds