Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Draw, Display, Images, Bitmaps, Icons » Drawing and scrolling
Drawing and scrolling [message #14530] Fri, 29 February 2008 12:32 Go to next message
wessoftware is currently offline  wessoftware
Maybe someone can help me. I have got the following problem. I have got an image in a picturebox (using the image property) and draw some things above that (using the Paint-event).

When I manually change the scrollbars of the form, to make the picturebox scroll, it's very slow. When I remove the image, it is fast.

I'm using the double buffer for the things I draw above the image. I only can program c#.net and VB.net and using currently using .net 2003.

Need I go to .net 2005 or should be a setting been made.
Re: Drawing and scrolling [message #14531 is a reply to message #14530] Fri, 29 February 2008 12:38 Go to previous message
bytefield is currently offline  bytefield
Experienced Member
Are you sure you've posted on right forum? Rolling Eyes

When use double-buffer is normal to slow a little you application, depend on your hardware. Could you post a test-case?
Guess your problem is related to scrolling, if you repaint the surface at every scrolling step it slow your application (until the paint event is ended) because scroll-bar receive his event later.
If your problem is related to C# or VB languages have you tried posting on forums which serve these languages?

cdabbd745f1234c2751ee1f932d1dd75

[Updated on: Fri, 29 February 2008 12:58]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Draw stuff [SOLVED]
Next Topic: Rescale and copy area of source image into an area of dest image
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:48:17 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01192 seconds