Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » FileSel&FileList, Path » FileSel::Set does not appear to work
FileSel::Set does not appear to work [message #15654] Fri, 02 May 2008 10:34 Go to next message
Tom1
Senior Contributor
Hi,

The FileSel::Set() does not appear to work correctly as of 2008.1beta if FileSel::ExecuteOpen() is used. The directory is correctly set, but the requested filename does not end up in the file field. FileSel::Set() works as expected though when FileSel::ExecuteSaveAs() is used.

// Tom
Re: FileSel::Set does not appear to work [message #16053 is a reply to message #15654] Sun, 25 May 2008 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
I am afraid it is only supposed to work with SaveAs...

Mirek
Re: FileSel::Set does not appear to work [message #16090 is a reply to message #16053] Tue, 27 May 2008 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom1
Senior Contributor
It would be of great benefit in certain applications to have it work in normal Open... situations too. Imagine a user of an application program manually working through a set of cryptically named files in alphabetical order... OK, having the previously processed file pre-selected in the dialog when opening the next would help quite a bit.

(The windows platform file dialog does this.)

Unfortunately, I could not see to the depths required to make this work in FileSel code.

// Tom
Re: FileSel::Set does not appear to work [message #19902 is a reply to message #15654] Fri, 30 January 2009 23:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
White_Owl is currently offline  White_Owl
Promising Member
I also believe Open mode should automatically select file set from outside of FileSel dialog...
Re: FileSel::Set does not appear to work [message #22227 is a reply to message #15654] Thu, 25 June 2009 22:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

Sorry for posting in this rather old thread, but I've just came across the same problem as Tom1. I believe there should be a way to preset the filename in FileSel.

I kinda expect it to work in applications. It often happens to me, that I save many similar files differing just in suffix. I believe it wouldn't hurt usability in any way, it can only help sometimes.

Or is there any problem to implement it?
Re: FileSel::Set does not appear to work [message #22236 is a reply to message #22227] Fri, 26 June 2009 14:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
dolik.rce wrote on Thu, 25 June 2009 16:49

Sorry for posting in this rather old thread, but I've just came across the same problem as Tom1. I believe there should be a way to preset the filename in FileSel.

I kinda expect it to work in applications. It often happens to me, that I save many similar files differing just in suffix. I believe it wouldn't hurt usability in any way, it can only help sometimes.

Or is there any problem to implement it?

I believe Save always worked. The question is about Load...

I can add some "Preselect" field, if requested...

Mirek
Re: FileSel::Set does not appear to work [message #22250 is a reply to message #15654] Sat, 27 June 2009 14:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

I'm sorry for unclear formulation, SaveAs always worked perfectly. What I meant to say was that it would help when opening files differing only in suffixes.

One more example where I would use preselected filename came to my mind: Suppose I have an application which handles some data file and configuration file telling it what to do with those data. Now if user already opened configuration file, it would be a nice feature to preselect a corresponding file when opening the data. (For example based on filename of configuration file - perhaps with a check that it exist).

Idea with Preselect field sounds good to me. If you could implement it I would really aprreciate it. Just hope it's not too much work, I wouldn't want to distract you from more important things Rolling Eyes
Re: FileSel::Set does not appear to work [message #22265 is a reply to message #22250] Sun, 28 June 2009 21:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Done.

Mirek
Re: FileSel::Set does not appear to work [message #22269 is a reply to message #22265] Mon, 29 June 2009 08:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tom1
Senior Contributor
Hi Mirek,

Thanks!

// Tom
Re: FileSel::Set does not appear to work [message #22289 is a reply to message #15654] Wed, 01 July 2009 04:57 Go to previous message
Ultimate Contributor

Hi,
I was out for a while, but finally I got to computer and tried it... It works perfectly, as ussualy Smile Thank you very much!
Previous Topic: [COMPILE ERROR] in FileSel.cpp rev. >=1052
Next Topic: FindFile.IsSymLink() broken
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:57:39 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01146 seconds