Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Compiling, Linking, Debugging of your packages » compiling problem
icon5.gif  compiling problem [message #15995] Wed, 21 May 2008 23:59 Go to next message
dillinger is currently offline  dillinger
I tried to compile one of example supplied with ultimate++ but the compiler returned that the file "bits/atomicity.h" were missed.
i have installed U++ from the debian package in my ubuntu 8.04
gcc version 4.2
the meta package build-essential is installed
("excuse my pour english and help me please")
i tried to compile the example of adressbook and bombs
Re: compiling problem [message #16177 is a reply to message #15995] Fri, 30 May 2008 18:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bytefield is currently offline  bytefield
Experienced Member
Hi, could you please provide more informations?
Which package, it is from sourceforge downloads or svn builds? Guess it is latest beta from sf.net, because svn builds use 4.1 version of g++ and in 4.2 version the bits/atomicity.h doesn't exist. Please provide where you found this include in source files and also compiler errors output. I think this problem is compiler related.

Edit: Feel free to use svn builds packages because they are quite stable and in that way you help us providing useful feedbacks about current builds and also you benefit from the latest U++ improvements.

Andrei

cdabbd745f1234c2751ee1f932d1dd75

[Updated on: Fri, 30 May 2008 18:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: compiling problem [message #16214 is a reply to message #15995] Mon, 02 June 2008 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Michel is currently offline  Michel
Promising Member
Hi,

I am new to this forum and Ultimate++.
Unfortunately, TheIde reports an error saying that the compiler cannot find the bits/atomicity.h header file, when trying to run one of the sample programs.
I am using the 2007 version of UPP and it used to compile successfully under Ubunty 7.10 (Gutsy), but after upgrading to Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron), it cannot find this particular file. I tried to re-install it and also installed the build-essential package.
Same problem as the OP, it seems.
Any solutions?

Thank you,
Michel

edit:
Comiler says:
/home/michel/m/cpp/ultimate/uppsrc/Core/Core.h:303:28: error: bits/atomicity.h: No such file or directory

[Updated on: Mon, 02 June 2008 20:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: compiling problem [message #16215 is a reply to message #16214] Mon, 02 June 2008 21:10 Go to previous message
Michel is currently offline  Michel
Promising Member
OK, I found a working solution!
I simply upgraded to the UPP 2008.2 beta version and it compiles just fine now!
If UPP really compiles source code unchanged for both Windows and Linux, it is going to be great! I already have Lazarus, but I was looking for a C++ solution.

Thank you!
Previous Topic: Compile and Link OpenGL
Next Topic: typeinfo error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:53:35 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01434 seconds