FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » Added SysExec package
Re: Added SysExec package [message #30802 is a reply to message #30764] Sun, 23 January 2011 18:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mdelfede is currently offline  mdelfede
Ultimate Contributor
Added SysExecGui package, whith gui frontend for password reading (in Linux) and same functions (without password reading) for windows, to have an uniform interface.
It uses SysExec package, adding CtrlLib dependency for gui apps; for non-gui apps, use SysExec which don't have CtrlLib dependencies.

Still no docs, but code well commented.

Ciao

Max
Re: Added SysExec package [message #30816 is a reply to message #30802] Mon, 24 January 2011 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dolik.rce is currently offline  dolik.rce
Ultimate Contributor

mdelfede wrote on Sun, 23 January 2011 18:36

Added SysExecGui package, whith gui frontend for password reading (in Linux) and same functions (without password reading) for windows, to have an uniform interface.
It uses SysExec package, adding CtrlLib dependency for gui apps; for non-gui apps, use SysExec which don't have CtrlLib dependencies.

Hi Max,

This is a very nice package and definitely useful. I have just one proposal: what about merging SysExec and SysExecGui into one package? I think it makes things easier for user. All you would need to do is:
1) Move files from SysExecGui to SysExec
2) Put #ifdef flagGUI guard around the code in SysExecGui.cpp
3) Put #include SysExecGui.h at the end of SysExec.h (again only #ifdef flagGUI)
4) Add package CtrlLib into SysExec with "when GUI" condition
5) Check the include paths for SysExecGui leftover and few other simple to solve details.

It would make life a little bit easier for people (like me) who sometimes write apps that can be compiled both with GUI and CLI or who start with CLI and later switch to GUI Smile But it is just a proposal, if you think it is not a clean solution feel free to leave it as is, after all it is not that hard to make it work the same way on the user package level Smile

Best regards,
Honza
Re: Added SysExec package [message #30835 is a reply to message #30816] Mon, 24 January 2011 17:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mdelfede is currently offline  mdelfede
Ultimate Contributor
Hi Honza,

I can think about, it seems a nice solution Smile

I'm still working on the package, Win$ Vista and later are a nightmare for system programming.
The (useless) protection scheme that they introduced is always on the way Sad
I hope not to have problems on Protect package too.... I'm very afraid about it.

Ciao

Max
Re: Added SysExec package [message #48571 is a reply to message #16047] Sat, 29 July 2017 15:57 Go to previous message
luoganda is currently offline  luoganda
Experienced Member

SysStart("notepad","\"D:\\zz_download\\test.bat\"");

This gives unhandled exception, any ideas?
Previous Topic: [SOLVED] Control4U_demo cannot close ?
Next Topic: Job package: A lightweight worker thread for non-blocking operations.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:04:46 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01752 seconds