Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » quicktabs vs tabbar
quicktabs vs tabbar [message #16272] Thu, 05 June 2008 15:30 Go to next message
kodos is currently offline  kodos
Experienced Member
Hi,

I was wondering where the difference between these 2 bazaar packages is. In my current project I could need something like theses packages and I wanted to use the "current" one if there is something like that Wink
Is one of theme the successor of the other or which one is better/more feature rich?
I took a look at what TheIDE uses as tabs and it uses QuickTabs but not from the bazaar but from yet another package: ide/QuickTabs

So why are there 2(3) packages for the same? Smile
Re: quicktabs vs tabbar [message #16278 is a reply to message #16272] Thu, 05 June 2008 18:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oblivion is currently offline  Oblivion
Senior Contributor
Quote:

Hi,

I was wondering where the difference between these 2 bazaar packages is. In my current project I could need something like theses packages and I wanted to use the "current" one if there is something like that Wink
Is one of theme the successor of the other or which one is better/more feature rich?
I took a look at what TheIDE uses as tabs and it uses QuickTabs but not from the bazaar but from yet another package: ide/QuickTabs

So why are there 2(3) packages for the same?

AFAIK, Quicktabs was originally a integral part of TheIDE. It was made "public" by unodgs as to make a seperate and easy to use custom Tab Ctrl (it was also used in my DockCtrl package). The main difference between tabbar and Quicktabs lies in their tab image handling. Mrjt's tabbar (which is mainly developed for his Docking package) uses a relatively faster method (pre-caching of images) and supports (or, afaik, will support) transparent tab dragging. etc.

Nevertheless, Quicktabs (the seperate one) is going be developed too (by unodgs himself, or if he permits again Smile I am going to finalize it as a seperate, full-fledged tabctrl with plenty of useful functions).

[Updated on: Thu, 05 June 2008 18:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: quicktabs vs tabbar [message #16279 is a reply to message #16272] Thu, 05 June 2008 19:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Thank you for the quick answer Smile

I think I will currently use TabBar because IMHO it looks nicer with this transparent dragging (which already works) and there isn't always a scroll bar visible, and in my application normally there aren't as many tabs so there should be enough place for them Smile

Switching between the packages doesn't seem very complicated. Cool
Re: quicktabs vs tabbar [message #16297 is a reply to message #16272] Fri, 06 June 2008 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
unodgs is currently offline  unodgs
Ultimate Contributor

kodos wrote on Thu, 05 June 2008 09:30

Hi,

So why are there 2(3) packages for the same? Smile

We move from QuickTabs to TabBar. I work on TabBar only now. QuickTabs in bazaar is the newest version of it. It allows tabs to be docked in all directions.
Re: quicktabs vs tabbar [message #16299 is a reply to message #16272] Fri, 06 June 2008 15:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
I have implemented my tabs with TabBar now and everything works great. The only feature that I'm missing is a possibility to have "fix" tabs that can't be closed. But currently I simply emulate this with a overridden ContextMenu method Smile

Quick bugfix for TabBar: The method SetDisplay in TabBar.h is missing a return statement.
Re: quicktabs vs tabbar [message #16302 is a reply to message #16299] Fri, 06 June 2008 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

kodos wrote on Fri, 06 June 2008 09:38

I have implemented my tabs with TabBar now and everything works great. The only feature that I'm missing is a possibility to have "fix" tabs that can't be closed. But currently I simply emulate this with a overridden ContextMenu method Smile

Quick bugfix for TabBar: The method SetDisplay in TabBar.h is missing a return statement.

Fix (frozen) tabs will be implemented. Right now I'm working of better grouping and switching between files with similar names but different extensions.
Re: quicktabs vs tabbar [message #16378 is a reply to message #16302] Wed, 11 June 2008 16:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tojocky is currently offline  tojocky
Contributor

I found a bug in the top tabs when i cgange form size with button "Maximize/Restore down". The scroll from the topbar is not painted corected. I simple tested the package TabBarTest.
index.php?t=getfile&id=1233&private=0
  • Attachment: bug.JPG
    (Size: 75.06KB, Downloaded 578 times)

[Updated on: Wed, 11 June 2008 16:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: quicktabs vs tabbar [message #16380 is a reply to message #16378] Wed, 11 June 2008 17:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrjt is currently offline  mrjt
Contributor
Thanks, fixed (though rather inelligently). Changing a frames size in the layout function causes various problems, it's taken me ages to get it working right but I think I've finally got it.

Changes are in the svn (trunk).
Re: quicktabs vs tabbar [message #16381 is a reply to message #16378] Wed, 11 June 2008 17:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor

I know this bug but thanks for remebering it Smile I guess James (mrjt) this is something for you but I also will try to fix it.
Re: quicktabs vs tabbar [message #16382 is a reply to message #16381] Wed, 11 June 2008 17:45 Go to previous message
mrjt is currently offline  mrjt
Contributor
Too slow Smile
Previous Topic: SystemLog class updated
Next Topic: Added SVN Library
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 13:47:01 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03071 seconds