Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ Developers corner » Working on new installer / makeinstall...  () 1 Vote
Re: Working on new installer / makeinstall... [message #29141 is a reply to message #29137] Thu, 07 October 2010 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrei_natanael is currently offline  andrei_natanael
Experienced Member
Rishi wrote on Thu, 07 October 2010 10:25

I am talking about the libs TO BE included.
What about including boost? At lease Boost::threads?

The topic is about U++ new installer (not so new because the thread was started 4 years ago). We don't want to have a bulky installer of U++ so it won't include any of the libs you want. MinGW was included because people wanted to install U++ and start running programs without worry about installing a compiler. It was a solution for beginners. SDL was packed because there is a SDL example packed with U++ and maybe other reasons.

Boost is a standalone lib you may download easily, install it and use directly from TheIDE without much trouble. U++ have threads support, so Boost::threads isn't needed, thought you may use it if you need.
Quote:

I cannot help directly because:

I only know LibCurl and the sucking GTK+
I am less than 14 years old
I am busy on writing a progressbar for zpaqc and helping the author of it.
I don't have experience with the SVN and GIT. Sad

The above things are not off-topic. They are about LIBS.

But I may plan for libcurl updater later if anyone will put the source which I give on svn instead of putting myself Very Happy

If anything is bad, Forgive Me please.

GTK+ isn't sucking. I was using it as part of my graduation thesis and i have to say that it's layout management allow you more freedom than U++ layout. It's true that it have bad parts and good parts, U++ too. As I've said, just because you don't like a project or have cons arguments it doesn't mean that's generally true for everyone. So please let the insults out. Some people worked hard to make GTK+ as it is. And some like the way it is.

Ages aren't an excuse. We all have been 7 years(less or more) @ home Smile

TheIDE provide basic svn access directly from it's interface so it's easy to use svn from U++. Git isn't used by U++ project, except for tests or by me and other developers so you don't have to worry about it.

We are all busy, that's the life. We try to help as much we can or just whisper when we can't (keeping noise level down).

That's being said i think this topic is closed.

Rishi if you want to talk about libs to be included in a new U++ installer please open a new topic and we may consider that if there will be a web installer. I see that installer Windows only because on Linux installing libs differ from distro to distro.

Best regards,
Andrei
Re: Working on new installer / makeinstall... [message #29146 is a reply to message #29141] Thu, 07 October 2010 15:05 Go to previous message
Rishi is currently offline  Rishi
Yeah, Linux is a sort of distros. I can only make a downloader that downloads a list of files for you.
Previous Topic: Memory leaks before program begin
Next Topic: Building 32 bit apps on Ubuntu64
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:19:00 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01951 seconds