Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Callbacks and Timers » SetTimeCallback without Graphics
SetTimeCallback without Graphics [message #16628] Thu, 03 July 2008 14:29 Go to next message
pippo is currently offline  pippo
Promising Member
I made a program with graphic interface and I use SetTimeCallBack() into my program, to call periodically (between 10ms and 100ms) a routine. Ok.
All right.

But if I not start the graphic (I not call the "Run" method of TopWindow), the SetTimeCallBack have not effect!!
This happens to you, also?

I resolve with a thread with a Sleep() into a loop... Embarassed
Have you got another idea?

10aa3a8774daeb994a88cc07572e2b6c
Re: SetTimeCallback without Graphics [message #16629 is a reply to message #16628] Thu, 03 July 2008 15:22 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
pippo wrote on Thu, 03 July 2008 08:29

I made a program with graphic interface and I use SetTimeCallBack() into my program, to call periodically (between 10ms and 100ms) a routine. Ok.
All right.

But if I not start the graphic (I not call the "Run" method of TopWindow), the SetTimeCallBack have not effect!!
This happens to you, also?

Correct. Note however that even with GUI, you are not getting timer events at any time. You have to return from any invoked method.

Quote:

I resolve with a thread with a Sleep() into a loop... Embarassed
Have you got another idea?

Depends Smile More in depth description of what you are trying to do would help.

Mirek
Previous Topic: SetTimeCallback failure on arch=armv5l POSIX_PLATFORM
Next Topic: what is gates
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:34:50 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01338 seconds