Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Installation, Compiling and Running of theide » NetBSD port
NetBSD port [message #1393] Thu, 02 March 2006 01:21 Go to next message
lundman is currently offline  lundman
Experienced Member

Porting the upp ide sources to compile on NetBSD was not so difficult, but I'm having issues proceeding.

The compile docs say to copy ide and upp to where I like, but I appear not to have a "upp" directory.

I create one, and using ktrace, I notice it wants to find a "upp/GCC32.bm" file, which also I do not have.

touching to create an empty file lets me start the IDE, I can pick examples and look around. Building does not work, which I suspect is due to having an empty GCC32.bm file.

Anyone feel like fleshing out the Compile instructions?

Lund
Re: NetBSD port [message #1395 is a reply to message #1393] Thu, 02 March 2006 05:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member

Ok, GCC32.bm does indeed have stuff in it that specifies how to build. I have no idea where it is supposed to come from, but for now I just took the one out of the Linux binaries, and modified slightly to fit with my includes.

.. Also, INCLUDE takes multiple paths seperated by semi-colon.

My upp directory is also expected to have "uppsrc" in it, so I have fixed that. Now I am building HelloWorld example.

Re: NetBSD port [message #1465 is a reply to message #1395] Sun, 05 March 2006 11:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dr_jumba is currently offline  dr_jumba
Promising Member
Hello,

Welcome to the topic regarding the build on POSIX systems
http://www.arilect.com/upp/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=369& amp;start=0&

[Updated on: Thu, 04 May 2006 15:38] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: NetBSD port [message #1483 is a reply to message #1465] Mon, 06 March 2006 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member

Ah cool. Although my issues were based after the build was done/ported. Minimal changes were needed for NetBSD, and most of them to get around the non-POSIX calls you have in there. (ie, the Linux ftruncate64* hackery, ick).

For fun, I ported it to OsX as well, and its linked. Doesn't run very far though, oh well.

Lund

Re: NetBSD port [message #1484 is a reply to message #1483] Mon, 06 March 2006 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
lundman wrote on Mon, 06 March 2006 02:52

For fun, I ported it to OsX as well, and its linked. Doesn't run very far though, oh well.

Alignment issues and endianness... Going to solve that after new Draw....

Mirek
Re: NetBSD port [message #1485 is a reply to message #1484] Mon, 06 March 2006 10:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member

Yeah, that was my guess. I did some poking around in PixelArray and got the first dialog up ok. But would require a lot more to do anything useful.

Re: NetBSD port [message #1486 is a reply to message #1485] Mon, 06 March 2006 10:41 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
lundman wrote on Mon, 06 March 2006 04:24

Yeah, that was my guess. I did some poking around in PixelArray and got the first dialog up ok. But would require a lot more to do anything useful.

Well, PixelArray will likely be gone in next Draw... That is why it is not a good time for fixing this now..

Mirek
Previous Topic: w98se / 602 / ntdll problem
Next Topic: u++ on Linux/PowerPC
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:02:41 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01460 seconds