FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » UppHub » Shiny: C++ profiler - Ultimate++ package
Shiny: C++ profiler - Ultimate++ package [message #17158] Thu, 31 July 2008 21:55 Go to next message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
I tried to use Shiny: C++ profiler recently, here's the Ultimate++ package version of it in case you are interested.
I did update it to current (2008-07-31) SVN version, and I did test it under WinXP with MSC8 and MINGW compilers.
(Feel free to test on other platforms and post about problems here)

See Shiny/doc/UppVersion.txt for list of changes made by me to original SVN sources.

How to use it (check ShinySample[1|2] too):
- Add package "Shiny" to your UPP project.
- set up the main package configuration flags to contain also flag "SHINY" (or not, if you want to switch profiling off)
- #include <Shiny/Shiny.h> whenever you need it
- call at program end (or where do you wish, you can use it also per frame in graphics applications, etc, see docs)
PROFILE_UPDATE_ALL(0); // update all profiles
PROFILE_OUTPUT_ALL(); // print to cout
- add PROFILE_FUNC(); at the start of function you want to recognize in output.
- read Shiny documentation to learn more about its features.
  • Attachment: ShinyUPP.7z
    (Size: 13.13KB, Downloaded 444 times)

[Updated on: Thu, 31 July 2008 21:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Shiny: C++ profiler - Ultimate++ package [message #17272 is a reply to message #17158] Tue, 05 August 2008 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
Works for me also under Kubuntu 8.04.01 with UPP installed from SVN.324 deb file.

I'm unable to test it on any other platform. So for me this release is pretty much "final" (until new version of UPP will break it, or the Shiny itself will be considerably updated at sourceforge), it does all I need under all platforms I need.

If you can try this on different platform, please post here if it works, eventually what problems did you notice with compilation and running.

Also if you have any problems/questions about it, feel free to ask. Maybe I will be able to answer.

Also I wonder whether it would be worth to add this do UPP release (in the bazaar assembly obviously), any opinions (especially from Mirek and Uno) are welcome. (I think somebody would have to test this at 64b OS firstly, I'm running everything at 32b)

[Updated on: Tue, 05 August 2008 13:27]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Shiny: C++ profiler - Ultimate++ package [message #17284 is a reply to message #17272] Tue, 05 August 2008 16:54 Go to previous message
captainc is currently offline  captainc
Experienced Member
Thanks for this, I'll give it a go.
Previous Topic: Added SVN Library
Next Topic: Extended Logging Package
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:36:57 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05069 seconds