FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » Ultimate++ Website Logo Text
icon10.gif  Ultimate++ Website Logo Text [message #17315] Wed, 06 August 2008 22:03 Go to next message
captainc is currently offline  captainc
Experienced Member
I've been using Ultimate++ for a while now, and I don't know how I overlooked this, but I just noticed the italicized font for the 'mate' part of Ultimate++ ! Embarassed (at least noticed it ENOUGH to actually think about it.) What was the reasoning for this? Was the 'mate' meant to signify 'friend'?
Re: Ultimate++ Website Logo Text [message #17316 is a reply to message #17315] Wed, 06 August 2008 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
captainc wrote on Wed, 06 August 2008 16:03

I've been using Ultimate++ for a while now, and I don't know how I overlooked this, but I just noticed the italicized font for the 'mate' part of Ultimate++ ! Embarassed (at least noticed it ENOUGH to actually think about it.) What was the reasoning for this? Was the 'mate' meant to signify 'friend'?

Ehm, AFAIK, nothing. Just artistic license.

BTW, I think it is time for the logo redesign. Current logo exists for too long now...Smile

In the process, I would also make a "silent" project name transition, renaming platform to just "U++".

Mirek
Re: Ultimate++ Website Logo Text [message #17320 is a reply to message #17316] Wed, 06 August 2008 23:29 Go to previous message
bytefield is currently offline  bytefield
Experienced Member
luzr wrote on Wed, 06 August 2008 23:24

captainc wrote on Wed, 06 August 2008 16:03

Ehm, AFAIK, nothing. Just artistic license.

BTW, I think it is time for the logo redesign. Current logo exists for too long now...Smile

In the process, I would also make a "silent" project name transition, renaming platform to just "U++".

Mirek

He he, U++ is also a short form of "you++" which means that you get boosted with U++. Smile

cdabbd745f1234c2751ee1f932d1dd75
Previous Topic: in code comments - doxygen
Next Topic: My explaination of why Ultimate++ is not mainstream
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 21:29:07 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01891 seconds