Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Installation, Compiling and Running of theide » TheIDE + Upp on Arch Linux
TheIDE + Upp on Arch Linux [message #17318] Wed, 06 August 2008 22:40 Go to next message
Kknd is currently offline  Kknd
Promising Member
Hi,

The new version of Upp is great! But the compilation wasn't straight forward here (Arch Linux).

I had to edit the TheIDE Makefile (easy and quick, but not simple).
Basically, I had to change all gtk related stuff (gtk, pango, cairo, atk) to `pkg-config --cflags gtk+-2.0`. This solved the hard-coded includes.

The install section of the Makefile also tried to access folders that didn't existed (cp -r Bazzar (ok), cp -r Common (doens't exists), and the out directory for TheIDE was wrong.

Also, after the install, I needed to manually copy the packages, that weren't show in the list.

Resume: Upp rocks, but the compilation / installation process should be more simple!
Re: TheIDE + Upp on Arch Linux [message #17319 is a reply to message #17318] Wed, 06 August 2008 23:12 Go to previous message
masu is currently offline  masu
Thanks for your feedback, I will add your modifications to the Makefiles for the next release (or the next "patch" release if coming).

Matthias
Previous Topic: Ultimate++ on Solaris 10 ia86
Next Topic: Problems install in Arch Linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:12:32 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01302 seconds