FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » Releasing U++ » Next Win32 release note
Next Win32 release note [message #17440] Fri, 15 August 2008 11:26 Go to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
As TheIDE is now using svn.exe (plus a couple of its .dlls) we must not forget to add them....
Re: Next Win32 release note [message #17445 is a reply to message #17440] Fri, 15 August 2008 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
http://subversion.tigris.org/license-1.html
Re: Next Win32 release note [message #17446 is a reply to message #17445] Fri, 15 August 2008 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Thanks.

In fact, meanwhile, I have reconsidered this. svn is not essential for normal users, those that need svn will likely install it separately anyway. And it would cost us almost 1MB in installation size.

So please, forget about this. No svn.exe with TheIDE...

Mirek
Re: Next Win32 release note [message #17985 is a reply to message #17446] Fri, 05 September 2008 19:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
With current implementation, what would happen in case of a conflict? Will it do that "mine" and "yours" stuff, or just fail?
Re: Next Win32 release note [message #17986 is a reply to message #17985] Fri, 05 September 2008 19:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
captainc is currently offline  captainc
Experienced Member
Is full svn support planned to be incorporated in TheIDE? Because that would be killer...
Re: Next Win32 release note [message #17987 is a reply to message #17985] Fri, 05 September 2008 19:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
cbpporter wrote on Fri, 05 September 2008 13:28

With current implementation, what would happen in case of a conflict? Will it do that "mine" and "yours" stuff, or just fail?

It will do what svn does..

Mirek
Re: Next Win32 release note [message #17988 is a reply to message #17986] Fri, 05 September 2008 20:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
captainc wrote on Fri, 05 September 2008 13:41

Is full svn support planned to be incorporated in TheIDE? Because that would be killer...

What is "full support"?

Well, I think we will gradually increase the support. I would like to see revert, file history or "blame" support soon...

Anyway, the good news is that I am now using "usvn" for almost month and it looks like viable tool Smile Most importantly, it fixed most of my svn issues...

Mirek

[Updated on: Fri, 05 September 2008 20:19]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Next Win32 release note [message #18005 is a reply to message #17988] Sat, 06 September 2008 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
I noticed that usvn adds files even if I have unchecked the corresponding check box.
Re: Next Win32 release note [message #18006 is a reply to message #18005] Sat, 06 September 2008 12:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
cbpporter wrote on Sat, 06 September 2008 05:56

I noticed that usvn adds files even if I have unchecked the corresponding check box.

Actually, from my experience, those checkboxes are not a good idea anyway. I think there should rather be "revert" button...

Mirek
Re: Next Win32 release note [message #18007 is a reply to message #18006] Sat, 06 September 2008 12:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Just when I was going to suggest to add check boxes for "modify" too, so you have control over which files get modified and which don't.
Re: Next Win32 release note [message #18008 is a reply to message #18007] Sat, 06 September 2008 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
cbpporter wrote on Sat, 06 September 2008 06:34

Just when I was going to suggest to add check boxes for "modify" too, so you have control over which files get modified and which don't.

Well, I am not sure... but IMO files is either modified intentionally or somethimes accidentally. In the first case, it needs to be committed, in second, it should be reverted.

Mirek
Re: Next Win32 release note [message #18019 is a reply to message #17988] Sun, 07 September 2008 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Quote:

What is "full support"?

Well, I think we will gradually increase the support. I would like to see revert, file history or "blame" support soon...

I mean having TheIDE manage the SVN application for you; being able to loading a U++ application from SVN source. U++ would automatically recognize that a package is also part of a subversion repository and provide svn options for you. You would have the ability to issue SVN commands when working on an SVN file. For example, you delete a file from your package, it issues "svn delete <file>" also. You create a new file to a package, it adds it to svn. Also, commit, revert, etc. "buttons".

Take for example the svn plugin integration in Eclipse. Also, the tortoisesvn plugin in Eclipse provides additional options on Right-Click on a file or folder for svn actions.

Example screenshots for Eclipse:
http://www.dokeos.com/wiki/index.php/Connecting_to_SVN_repos itory_(Eclipse)
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/library/os-ecl-subversion/

[Updated on: Sun, 07 September 2008 02:15]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Next Win32 release note [message #18020 is a reply to message #18019] Sun, 07 September 2008 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
captainc wrote on Sat, 06 September 2008 20:13

Quote:

What is "full support"?

I mean having TheIDE manage the SVN application for you; being able to loading a U++ application from SVN source. U++ would automatically recognize that a package is also part of a subversion repository and provide svn options for you.

Well, it already does, sort of....

Quote:

You would have the ability to issue SVN commands when working on an SVN file. For example, you delete a file from your package, it issues "svn delete <file>" also. You create a new file to a package, it adds it to svn.

Well, I have, at least for now, chosen different path - "usvn" is able to "fix" everything at sync time. Means, all new files are put into svn, all deleted files are deleted from svn etc...

Maybe you should try it first Wink

Anyway, of course, some more options would be nice too, especially file history with diff and revert.

Mirek
Re: Next Win32 release note [message #18036 is a reply to message #18020] Sun, 07 September 2008 13:59 Go to previous message
Experienced Member
Quote:

Well, I have, at least for now, chosen different path - "usvn" is able to "fix" everything at sync time. Means, all new files are put into svn, all deleted files are deleted from svn etc...
Maybe you should try it first

Oh that sounds pretty good too. I didn't know it was that far along where I was able to use it for our stuff here. I'll try it out.
Previous Topic: Does the provided upp.spec works for you and on which distro?
Next Topic: A new set of scripts to create rpm file from Subversion
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:10:22 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01198 seconds