Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » Documentation » Documentation how-to...
Re: Documentation how-to... [message #18025 is a reply to message #18024] Sun, 07 September 2008 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
cbpporter wrote on Sun, 07 September 2008 03:20

Yeah, it is a good stand-in, but will replace with proper HR when available. And I have no idea how it behaves when exported as html.

You can always check in 24 hours (website gets regenerated each night based on current svn).

In fact, it is a good idea to check whether docs made it there - if not, something is wrong with the server....

Mirek
Re: Documentation how-to... [message #18026 is a reply to message #18025] Sun, 07 September 2008 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
luzr wrote on Sun, 07 September 2008 04:00

In fact, it is a good idea to check whether docs made it there - if not, something is wrong with the server....

...and that is what happened now Smile

Mirek
Re: Documentation how-to... [message #18028 is a reply to message #18026] Sun, 07 September 2008 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Well, here:

http://www.ultimatepp.org/src$Core$Size$en-us.html

it is ignored, which is, at this moment, good thing...

Mirek
Re: Documentation how-to... [message #18034 is a reply to message #17973] Sun, 07 September 2008 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
luzr wrote on Thu, 04 September 2008 18:35

cbpporter wrote on Thu, 04 September 2008 16:15

Quote:

Just like in most word-processors. Hitting backspace concatenates paragraphs, means you have to decide the style of result. It is logical that the style of paragraph you are in is chosen.

Yes, sure, merging is OK. But not when my current paragraph is empty.

Could be a good point. I will check with openoffice and if it behaves this way, I can adopt RichEdit too...

Mirek

OK, OpenOffice seems to use the style of first paragraph in ALL cases (no difference between Delete at the end of line and Backspace at the beginning of other).

That of course is the simplest solution. I will comment current more complex logic out and we will see if it is any better Smile

Mirek
Re: Documentation how-to... [message #18035 is a reply to message #18034] Sun, 07 September 2008 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
luzr wrote on Sun, 07 September 2008 07:38

OK, OpenOffice seems to use the style of first paragraph in ALL cases (no difference between Delete at the end of line and Backspace at the beginning of other).

Done...

Mirek
Re: Documentation how-to... [message #18058 is a reply to message #18035] Tue, 09 September 2008 05:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
I updated Size_ documentation friend functions, used more concise parameter description and minor style improvements. I consider it pretty much done, except for typos maybe and HR when it is implemented.

Good news is that Point is going to be quick based on this Smile.

I have two suggestion though:
1. Eliminate all the OS specific, more precisely WinAPI specific members from the interface. You can define a WinLONGToSize in another OS specific header an include it only when needed and only in .cpp files.
2. This is not that important, but since such types are so self-contained, it would be an idea to place them in their own file together with any helper function if available.

PS: captainc: after your last fix you updated documentation with the old compressed format. We should settle on the new if this is the intent.
Re: Documentation how-to... [message #18068 is a reply to message #18058] Tue, 09 September 2008 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
captainc is currently offline  captainc
Experienced Member
Quote:

PS: captainc: after your last fix you updated documentation with the old compressed format. We should settle on the new if this is the intent.

Using U++ SVN 324 build, some documentation in T++ had the topic header blank and the topic at the start of the body. I will build the latest ide svn executable and use that.

Re: Documentation how-to... [message #18070 is a reply to message #18058] Tue, 09 September 2008 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
cbpporter wrote on Mon, 08 September 2008 23:10

I have two suggestion though:
1. Eliminate all the OS specific, more precisely WinAPI specific members from the interface. You can define a WinLONGToSize in another OS specific header an include it only when needed and only in .cpp files.

Sometimes it is OK, but sometimes it is just too complicated.

But I will think about it anyway.

Note that in documentation, this should be noted similary to "preconditions" of container methods.

Mirek
Re: Documentation how-to... [message #18086 is a reply to message #18070] Wed, 10 September 2008 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
Point_ doc added.
Re: Documentation how-to... [message #18229 is a reply to message #18086] Thu, 18 September 2008 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
I tried to finish one of the doc pages today, and I must say that either I have become to used to it, or Topic++ is finally starting to be productive enough. I left all styled on default.

There is still one major annoyance: the Query window keeps forgetting it's content. In the past it did it only once in a while, but Today, I had to manually select the desired context for every single definition.
Re: Documentation how-to... [message #18239 is a reply to message #18229] Thu, 18 September 2008 18:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
cbpporter wrote on Wed, 17 September 2008 23:06

I tried to finish one of the doc pages today, and I must say that either I have become to used to it, or Topic++ is finally starting to be productive enough. I left all styled on default.

There is still one major annoyance: the Query window keeps forgetting it's content. In the past it did it only once in a while, but Today, I had to manually select the desired context for every single definition.

Query is to get major refactoring soon...

Hopefuly, I am now getting to implementing that killer feature I was dreaming about for years... (T++ references in left bar while editing the code).

Mirek
Re: Documentation how-to... [message #18294 is a reply to message #18229] Sun, 21 September 2008 09:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
cbpporter wrote on Wed, 17 September 2008 23:06

Does it mean we can consider current styling final?

Quote:

BTW, why haven't you inserted everything at once (using multiselect).

Mirek
Re: Documentation how-to... [message #18295 is a reply to message #18294] Sun, 21 September 2008 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
I guess we can consider it final. Any change at this moment will be IMO a minor one and current is pretty enough and also readable.

I haven't inserted everything at once because I just needed to reinsert some items because of style change, without loosing all the other inserted text. Anyway, that dialog should remember it's context.

One more thing: I think we should have a button that when clicked searches the current selection for paragraphs with code labels and reinserts them, to cope with future style changes. Not a big thing.

I haven't finished math until doc yet because I was waiting for the browser, but I'll finish it now even if the browser is not perfect and commit it.

Also, I would like to help by formating some existing documented pages, because most of them are not labeled. Once we have all the current doc reformatted and labeled, plus at least my 4 doc pages and the sql doc pages and the code browser with doc support, I think we should consider a dev release. Together with the parser enhancements I could make quite an attractive package.

And starting with Monday, my coding "interdiction" is finished, so I can get back to coding as usual Smile. Can I create a branch or something for i18n issues? There quite some work needed which is wchar size agnostic, so you don't have to decide what to do with it yet.

Re: Documentation how-to... [message #18296 is a reply to message #18295] Sun, 21 September 2008 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
cbpporter wrote on Sun, 21 September 2008 04:07

Also, I would like to help by formating some existing documented pages, because most of them are not labeled.

I am working on automated "repair tool".

Quote:

And starting with Monday, my coding "interdiction" is finished, so I can get back to coding as usual Smile. Can I create a branch or something for i18n issues?

Well, I can create it... Though I doubt about "wchar agnosticity" Smile

Mirek
Re: Documentation how-to... [message #18297 is a reply to message #18296] Sun, 21 September 2008 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
luzr wrote on Sun, 21 September 2008 11:51

Great! Anyway, SVN is down, so I have to wait with docs.

Quote:

Well, I can create it... Though I doubt about "wchar agnosticity" Smile

It is wchar agnostic in the sense that I want to write the low level renderer first, which on Win32 at least will operate on 16 bits. Even if wchar is 32 bits, for rendering purposes, the latest when WinAPI is called, it will have to be converted to 16 bits, right? We need a not to complicated text renderer, because WinAPI can't really handle mixed font rendering in CJK context at least. I haven't benchmarked it yet, but performance should be equal to previous performance plus the cost of a traverse over the text that must be displayed, so I hope it will be OK. If it is not, I'll need to think of a way to keep the old text rendering, and activate the new one only if the application must be able to display full CJK.

I also started studying some shape recognition, to be able to trace CJK characters and render them manually, for systems that will never be able to have all the fonts installed, but I'm not sure about legal issues here. The traced characters will have their own style, which is distinct form all available styles in a manner that "Arial" font is distinct from "Dotum" font, so it will look very similar on first sight, but when examining the weight of curves, it will be quite different, but still, my data will come from an (or more probably a more than one) available fonts, strictly by pixel analysis, and I don't want to breach any copyright clauses.

This approach has some advantages:
1.It is a viable and lightweight fall back when native rendering using (very large) fonts is not available or not desired.
2.The huge number of CJK characters is reduced to some hundreds of composing characters. This way the rendering for most characters will definable in a couple of bytes.
3.It allows easy definition of gaiji (I'm not going to define any, but I'll include a GUI in the future in my application).
4.It allows easy animation of stroke order.

Disadvantages:
1. Uncertain legal issue.
2. Generating the initial data set will probably take days.
3. Professional fonts will probably have better font hinting.
Re: Documentation how-to... [message #18298 is a reply to message #18297] Sun, 21 September 2008 11:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
cbpporter wrote on Sun, 21 September 2008 05:38

Great! Anyway, SVN is down, so I have to wait with docs.

Please, whenever SVN is down, email or PM me. It is most likely a router problem, means I do not see the problem here... (behind router).

Mirek
Re: Documentation how-to... [message #18319 is a reply to message #18297] Mon, 22 September 2008 18:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
cbpporter wrote on Sun, 21 September 2008 05:38

Great!

I have spend >16 hours fixing bugs revealed during "repair tool" development. Anyway, you can now try it - Alt+F10 in T++ (maybe not quite final version yet -> test with "separate copy" and do not commit repair results for now).

Mirek
Re: Documentation how-to... [message #18342 is a reply to message #18319] Tue, 23 September 2008 18:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Contributor
I'm not completely done with evaluating the repair tool, but for now it seems quite impressive.

I does mess up in some cases, so it is not that well suited to generate final docs, but it is very well suited to generate a 95% final document, which must be touched up a little later. This should cut down drastically on time requirements for doc editing.

One question though: how do you specify that the selected section should be mapped to the global "nest". Entering "::" results in double "::" labels (i.e. ::::Function).
Re: Documentation how-to... [message #18343 is a reply to message #18342] Tue, 23 September 2008 19:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
cbpporter wrote on Tue, 23 September 2008 12:53

I'm not completely done with evaluating the repair tool, but for now it seems quite impressive.

I does mess up in some cases, so it is not that well suited to generate final docs, but it is very well suited to generate a 95% final document, which must be touched up a little later. This should cut down drastically on time requirements for doc editing.

One question though: how do you specify that the selected section should be mapped to the global "nest". Entering "::" results in double "::" labels (i.e. ::::Function).

First "::" is always there, therefore it is not required...

Mirek
Re: Documentation how-to... [message #18523 is a reply to message #17607] Mon, 06 October 2008 21:03 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Oblivion is currently offline  Oblivion
Senior Contributor
Hi,

I would like to write documentation for the U++ XML related stuff (and my for Rss class). and I have a question about documentation styles. Is there a standardized color scheme for the seperator titles. The "Public Method List" table/title, which is automatically created, has a gray background. What about the others such as "Type Definitions" or "Global Functions" or "Protected Method List", etc?

[Updated on: Mon, 06 October 2008 21:04]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: The very first taste of T++ icons in the left bar..
Next Topic: Notes on using T++ (comment on singals)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:53:07 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01307 seconds