Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » Documentation » Style & T++....
Re: Style & T++.... [message #18141 is a reply to message #18140] Fri, 12 September 2008 16:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Quote:

1. Latest SVN doesn't compile (under Linux). There is a _DBG_ somewhere. Sorry, I corrected it before I could take a note where it was, but is is easy to find.

Ops, sorry, once again I broken my ruler "compile ide in optimal mode" before commiting.

Quote:

2. When entering a multi line declaration, like a template one, both lines have a code reference set, so all references will have a counter of 2.

Hm, the question is whether to fix counter or put the reference to one paragraph only...

Quote:

3. Also, when inserting the same templated method, the second line starts with a non breaking space. That space is ugly. On the same second line, a template parameter like "T" is not green, only on the first line. I think all instances of template parameters should be colored distinctively.

I have noticed this. Will fix ASAP.

Quote:

And congratulations on the parser progress. I loaded up some problem code that I had by hand, and it worked! I must test all my code that had problems, but things look very promising Very Happy.

Yeah, it was pretty lucky idea Smile

Mirek
Re: Style & T++.... [message #18143 is a reply to message #18141] Fri, 12 September 2008 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
P.S.: I am using "uppdev":"CoreTopics" as playground area for styling... These topics are complete separated from the uppsrc, no problem damaging anything, so if you want to show me something, you can use it...
Re: Style & T++.... [message #18144 is a reply to message #18140] Fri, 12 September 2008 17:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Quote:

3. Also, when inserting the same templated method, the second line starts with a non breaking space.

This one fixed.

BTW, another variation: "Times New Roman" font looks perhaps better (?).

Mirek
Re: Style & T++.... [message #18148 is a reply to message #18144] Sat, 13 September 2008 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mindtraveller is currently offline  Mindtraveller
Experienced Contributor

A little proposal: making left and right margins between text and window frame increase text readability. For now these margins are about 3 pixels which is not enough. I propose margins equal to something like 15 pixels.
Re: Style & T++.... [message #18152 is a reply to message #18080] Sat, 13 September 2008 11:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Mindtraveller wrote on Tue, 09 September 2008 17:42

-1. Strange behavour of tables with width less than 100% of page. Left & right margins are much bigger than in edit mode.

Fixed.

Quote:

-3. Table doesn`t change it`s frame colour and even can`t disable frame at all.

Well, it works for me.

Anyway, you might be confused by this: If you reduce the frame width to zero, you will still see blue lines. Anyway, these are just "informational" - same category as "paragraph ends" or "hardspaces" - they are not visible in print or help.

You can even switch them out in richedit setup.

Mirek
Re: Style & T++.... [message #18338 is a reply to message #18152] Tue, 23 September 2008 17:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
chickenk is currently offline  chickenk
Experienced Member
Hi,

I just noticed, while examining the new style for Size documentation page, that the element using the "shead" style were non-antialiased... It seems that a non-antialiasing formatting symbol was added to the shead style.

Removing the character 't' in file Size$en-us.tpp line 7, column 17 corrects that.

Mirek, was that intended or has this character been spuriously inserted since you implemented code for non-antialiased style ? Maybe some forgotten tests... Wink else, it may be something worth checking.

regards,
Lionel
Re: Style & T++.... [message #18339 is a reply to message #18338] Tue, 23 September 2008 18:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
chickenk wrote on Tue, 23 September 2008 11:54

Hi,

I just noticed, while examining the new style for Size documentation page, that the element using the "shead" style were non-antialiased... It seems that a non-antialiasing formatting symbol was added to the shead style.

Removing the character 't' in file Size$en-us.tpp line 7, column 17 corrects that.

Mirek, was that intended or has this character been spuriously inserted since you implemented code for non-antialiased style ? Maybe some forgotten tests... Wink else, it may be something worth checking.

regards,
Lionel

Well, that is very interesting. It is not even possible to set non-AA style in T++.

Either cbpporter was trying something (?) or there is bug in QTF parser or encoder... (or somewhere else).

Mirek
Re: Style & T++.... [message #18341 is a reply to message #18339] Tue, 23 September 2008 18:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
luzr wrote on Tue, 23 September 2008 19:00

Well, that is very interesting. It is not even possible to set non-AA style in T++.

Either cbpporter was trying something (?) or there is bug in QTF parser or encoder... (or somewhere else).

Mirek

No, I think that I didn't try anything. Can't remember ever manually editing the Qtf.

I'll keep an eye out for it to appear again.
Re: Style & T++.... [message #18364 is a reply to message #18338] Wed, 24 September 2008 22:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
chickenk wrote on Tue, 23 September 2008 11:54

Mystery solved.

Accidentally, I had 'command clash' - 't' is also "default tab size", which, for some reason, was not documented...

I have changed NonAA to 'T' to fix this issue...

Mirek
Re: Style & T++.... [message #18370 is a reply to message #18364] Thu, 25 September 2008 07:57 Go to previous message
chickenk is currently offline  chickenk
Experienced Member
ok,

so indeed it was useful getting a bit deeper about that...

Thanks for investigating!

Lionel
Previous Topic: SVN Folder Creation Requests
Next Topic: The very first taste of T++ icons in the left bar..
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:04:22 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01304 seconds