Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Installation, Compiling and Running of theide » Almost compile on Archlinux [Install and run but need test]
Almost compile on Archlinux [Install and run but need test] [message #18289] Sat, 20 September 2008 16:00 Go to next message
Skatox is currently offline  Skatox

hello guys, i used to be the older Archlinux's package creator for UPP, i've finally compiled it but needs some test and i have some questions.

The file GCC.bm where can i get it? i had to copy from upp 2007 and i think it's not compatible with 2008. It is no included with the src package and it doesn't generated on the compile time. If i solve this problem maybe the package runs great.

If you want to compile this PKGBUILD (Archlinux's way of building software) you have to creat a link to some libraries, 'cause i still don't know how to patch the source code to the correct direction:

ln -s /usr/lib/glib-2.0/include/glibconfig.h /usr/include
ln -s /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/include/gdkconfig.h /usr/include

Please test it or correct my mistakes.
Sorry for my bad english.
  • Attachment: upp.tar.gz
    (Size: 1.45KB, Downloaded 339 times)
Re: Almost compile on Archlinux [Install and run but need test] [message #18302 is a reply to message #18289] Sun, 21 September 2008 21:13 Go to previous message
amrein is currently offline  amrein
Experienced Member
To build upp:

make -e HOSTTYPE=LINUX -e LOCALBASE=/usr -e LIBPATH=$(pkg-config --libs-only-L x11 freetype2 gtk+-2.0 glib-2.0 cairo pango atk) -e CINC=" -Iuppsrc $(pkg-config --cflags x11 freetype2 gtk+-2.0 glib-2.0 cairo pango atk)"

To build GCC.bm, you need to do it manually (because it doesn't exist in the tarball):

INCLUDEDIR=$( pkg-config --cflags x11 freetype2 gtk+-2.0 glib-2.0 cairo pango atk | awk ' { gsub ( / /, "" ) ; gsub ( /-I/, ";" ) ; sub ( /;/, "" ) ; print $0 }' )

LIBDIR=$( pkg-config --libs-only-L x11 freetype2 gtk+-2.0 glib-2.0 cairo pango atk | awk ' { gsub ( / /, "" ) ; gsub ( /-I/, ";" ) ; sub ( /;/, "" ) ; print $0 }' )

cat > GCC.bm << EOF
BUILDER         = "GCC";
COMPILER        = "g++";
DEBUG_INFO      = "2";
DEBUG_BLITZ     = "1";
DEBUG_LINKMODE  = "1";
DEBUG_OPTIONS   = "-O0";
RELEASE_BLITZ           = "0";
RELEASE_LINKMODE        = "1";
RELEASE_OPTIONS         = "-O1 -ffunction-sections";
RELEASE_SIZE_OPTIONS    = "-Os -finline-limit=20";
DEBUGGER        = "gdb";