Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ TheIDE and Library: Releases and ChangeLogs » Relatively massive C++ parser and Assist++ refactoring...
Relatively massive C++ parser and Assist++ refactoring... [message #18511] Sun, 05 October 2008 23:33 Go to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Well, this is more something internal there (and it is not macro-related yet), but I had to do that before other things...

Short term instability of theide is to be expected (keep your current binary Smile

Mirek
Re: Relatively massive C++ parser and Assist++ refactoring... [message #19309 is a reply to message #18511] Tue, 25 November 2008 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
captainc is currently offline  captainc
Experienced Member
Mirek, have you tested the C++ parser on the standard library or other external libraries? I'm curious to know how it compares to something like Visual Studio's Intellisense.

This thought occurred to me because there are a few Boost libraries where it would be great to have auto-completion. For example I will be working with graphs and the Boost::Graph library is very good and widely used; there is no Upp equivalent without writing a Upp graph implementation (which would be a cool project, but I can't do that right now).

Update 1:
Found this video, which is a Microsoft developer talking about how they develop their C++ parser and intellisense:
http://channel9.msdn.com/posts/Charles/Arjun-Bijanki-Making- Sense-of-VC-Intellisense/

[Updated on: Tue, 25 November 2008 15:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Relatively massive C++ parser and Assist++ refactoring... [message #19311 is a reply to message #19309] Tue, 25 November 2008 16:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
captainc wrote on Tue, 25 November 2008 09:31

Mirek, have you tested the C++ parser on the standard library or other external libraries?

Back then, yes. The problem is that there is a lot of macros in std::. Therefore I have postoned the further development until I have macros working...

Mirek
Re: Relatively massive C++ parser and Assist++ refactoring... [message #19312 is a reply to message #19311] Tue, 25 November 2008 17:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
captainc is currently offline  captainc
Experienced Member
Oh, so it is in you plans... very cool. One of the things the guy talks about in the video is the problems with macros; MS has similar issues Smile
Re: Relatively massive C++ parser and Assist++ refactoring... [message #19359 is a reply to message #19312] Fri, 28 November 2008 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fithisux is currently offline  fithisux
Promising Member
Quote:

MS has similar issues

Which will not be solved elegantly (i.e. theIDE way). Cheers!!!
Boost has GIL which is cool to use as I do a lot of Computer Vision development (mainly with OpenCV/mingw on Win32).
Re: Relatively massive C++ parser and Assist++ refactoring... [message #19457 is a reply to message #19359] Thu, 04 December 2008 17:50 Go to previous message
bytefield is currently offline  bytefield
Experienced Member
Hello, one thing about A++ is that it doesn't do auto-complete for ternary operator i.e. 1 < 2 ? w.Title("1") : w.Title("2");

cdabbd745f1234c2751ee1f932d1dd75
Previous Topic: Printing issues
Next Topic: Export on commandline
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:22:55 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00842 seconds