Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: CodeEditor, Assist++, Topic++ » Proposal: search in Help window
Proposal: search in Help window [message #18800] Wed, 22 October 2008 07:48 Go to next message
Mindtraveller is currently offline  Mindtraveller
Experienced Contributor

Proposal is simple. Many help articles are rather long and reside many screens. If some spicific thing is needed, it is commonly hard to find and takes minutes of scrolling. It would be great to have "Find"/Ctrl-F feature for Help window text too.
Re: Proposal: search in Help window [message #18801 is a reply to message #18800] Wed, 22 October 2008 07:57 Go to previous message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
I can't stand the U++ Help viewer, it feels so awkward and obsolete almost in every aspect when compared to firefox, except it can be better connected to source code. But anything else is pain in *body part*.
So whenever I can, I use the Manual pages from web, I'm using the help inside IDE only when I'm really desperate.

Thinking about it, maybe it would be possible even to connect TheIDE to firefox with some firefox extension... but I'm not going to bother, it's not that important for me to make it worth of effort.
Previous Topic: Proposal on editor
Next Topic: Query word,Query ...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:27:42 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01281 seconds