Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Draw, Display, Images, Bitmaps, Icons » ImageFile (iml) #include [SOLVED]
ImageFile (iml) #include [SOLVED] [message #18950] Sun, 02 November 2008 14:55 Go to next message
sapiency is currently offline  sapiency
hi,

I read the solution for using the images multiple cpp files ..

it says,

using in header:
#define IMAGECLASS NAME
#define IMAGEFILE <pathtofile/images.iml>
#include <Draw/iml_header.h>

and in sources:

#define IMAGECLASS NAME
#include <Draw/iml_source.h>

I created one source for my images which I want to use in multiple header and sources. So I put the code for header and for the sources in files, which I include in my other files

#include "images-header.h"

in code1.h and code2.h

#include "images-sources.h"

in code1.cpp and code2.cpp

There were no problems with the compiler, but the linker stopped with errors ... "class NAME" redefined ...

is there a solution to use it in multiple files? It would help to keep the files smaller.

regards

reinhard

[Updated on: Mon, 24 January 2011 13:06] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: ImageFile [message #18960 is a reply to message #18950] Sun, 02 November 2008 16:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
sapiency wrote on Sun, 02 November 2008 08:55

hi,

I read the solution for using the images multiple cpp files ..

it says,

using in header:
#define IMAGECLASS NAME

and in sources:

#define IMAGECLASS NAME

I created one source for my images which I want to use in multiple header and sources. So I put the code for header and for the sources in files, which I include in my other files

#include "images-header.h"

in code1.h and code2.h

#include "images-sources.h"

in code1.cpp and code2.cpp

There were no problems with the compiler, but the linker stopped with errors ... "class NAME" redefined ...

is there a solution to use it in multiple files? It would help to keep the files smaller.

regards

reinhard

Oh, not that complicated. Just put the

#define IMAGECLASS NAME

into some header that you include in all files that are using images (this is same as declaring function or class in header) and then put

#define IMAGECLASS NAME

into the *ANY* .cpp, but only ONE, that includes the header of the previous step. This is equivalent of defining function.

If you put it to more than single file, it is like defining function twice - that does not work either Wink

Mirek
Re: ImageFile [message #18967 is a reply to message #18960] Sun, 02 November 2008 20:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Mirek,

thanks for you answer, I'm still a little bit confused , but I think I solved the problem ...

I have following files:
image-header.h (with #ifndef)
image-source.h (with #ifndef)
code_1.h (with #ifndef)
code_2.h (with #ifndef)
code_1.cpp
code_2.cpp

this works:
code_1.h includes image-header.h
code_1.cpp includes code_1.h, image-source.h
code_1.cpp use images

code_2.h includes code_1.h
code_2.cpp includes code_2.h
code_2.cpp use images

whenever I include image-source.h too in code_2.cpp, I get following message from the linker:

C:/upp/out/path/MINGW.Debug.Debug_full.Gui.Main.Mt\devicetree.o: In function `_ZN11OL_Controls3ImlEv':
C:/upp/uppsrc/Draw/iml_source.h:33: multiple definition of `OL_Controls::Iml()'
C:/upp/out/path/MINGW.Debug.Debug_full.Gui.Main.Mt\$blitz.o:C:/upp/uppsrc/Draw/iml_source.h:33: first defined here

object-file: devicetree -> code_2

regards

reinhard
Re: ImageFile [message #18972 is a reply to message #18967] Sun, 02 November 2008 21:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
sapiency wrote on Sun, 02 November 2008 14:14

Hi Mirek,

thanks for you answer, I'm still a little bit confused , but I think I solved the problem ...

I have following files:
image-header.h (with #ifndef)
image-source.h (with #ifndef)
code_1.h (with #ifndef)
code_2.h (with #ifndef)
code_1.cpp
code_2.cpp

this works:
code_1.h includes image-header.h
code_1.cpp includes code_1.h, image-source.h
code_1.cpp use images

code_2.h includes code_1.h
code_2.cpp includes code_2.h
code_2.cpp use images

whenever I include image-source.h too in code_2.cpp, I get following message from the linker:

C:/upp/out/path/MINGW.Debug.Debug_full.Gui.Main.Mt\devicetree.o: In function `_ZN11OL_Controls3ImlEv':
C:/upp/uppsrc/Draw/iml_source.h:33: multiple definition of `OL_Controls::Iml()'
C:/upp/out/path/MINGW.Debug.Debug_full.Gui.Main.Mt\$blitz.o:C:/upp/uppsrc/Draw/iml_source.h:33: first defined here

object-file: devicetree -> code_2

regards

reinhard

Ehm, I am totally confused by number of your headers Smile In any case, the error is because there is more that one .cpp file that directly or indirectly includes

#define IMAGECLASS NAME

Usually, and I would recommend that, when developing U++ app, we are using single "main" header per package and all C++ files include this one.

In that case, put those .iml lines with "iml_header.h" to this header and "iml_source.h" to any single .cpp.

Anyway, what you have done works too, of course. All you need to remember is that "iml_source.h" include is equivalent of defining all iml elements. And there is "one definition rule" in C++ - no function or variable can be defined twice (or linker error).

Just one more note - if you are doing things wrongly, it sometimes might lead to weird problems when you compile in debug mode (it compiles sometimes, sometimes not). This is caused by BLITZ compile accelerator, which sometimes hides wrong arrangement of headers.

Mirek

Mirek
Re: ImageFile [message #18982 is a reply to message #18972] Sun, 02 November 2008 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
luzr wrote on Sun, 02 November 2008 21:46

Usually, and I would recommend that, when developing U++ app, we are using single "main" header per package and all C++ files include this one.

I believe you but the project grows Wink and it takes really long (on my machine) to compile everytime the hole file - and Wink I don't like large files Wink.

In that case, put those .iml lines with "iml_header.h" to this header and "iml_source.h" to any single .cpp.

Anyway, what you have done works too, of course. All you need to remember is that "iml_source.h" include is equivalent of defining all iml elements. And there is "one definition rule" in C++ - no function or variable can be defined twice (or linker error).

Ok, now I understand the description in the docu Wink

Just one more note - if you are doing things wrongly, it sometimes might lead to weird problems when you compile in debug mode (it compiles sometimes, sometimes not). This is caused by BLITZ compile accelerator, which sometimes hides wrong arrangement of headers.

Mirek

Thanks.

regards

reinhard
Re: ImageFile [message #18986 is a reply to message #18982] Mon, 03 November 2008 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
sapiency wrote on Sun, 02 November 2008 17:29

I believe you but the project grows Wink and it takes really long (on my machine) to compile everytime the hole file - and Wink I don't like large files Wink.

Well, with BLITZ, the compile time influence of single big header is almost irrelevant.

Second argument (sometimes the file is too large to one's good taste) is valid - in that case, I tend to split to many smaller header files, but to combine them in the main header anyway, then include just this single header in .cpp. See e.g. CtrlLib/CtrlLib.h.

Mirek

[Updated on: Mon, 03 November 2008 08:50]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ImageFile [message #18999 is a reply to message #18986] Mon, 03 November 2008 20:30 Go to previous message
thanks
Previous Topic: EXIF data access
Next Topic: Draw was added to plugin/png.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:01:03 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01250 seconds