Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » Draw, Display, Images, Bitmaps, Icons » Draw was added to plugin/png.
Draw was added to plugin/png. [message #19212] Thu, 20 November 2008 14:44 Go to next message
cbpporter is currently offline  cbpporter
Ultimate Contributor
I just noticed that Draw was added to plugin/png. Is this a good idea?

There are two features which I'm going to need ASAP (read latest by January, so I am very motivated to contribute here):

1. Image formats supported without X11 libs, for a server (this is a X only issue, since AFAIK one can call some GDI API from console windows applications). I haven't' investigated how this can be done, but and obvious solution would be to make an Image that is not dependent on Draw. So adding Draw seems a little counterintuitive. I doubt it is going to be easy to extract the X stuff from draw, so Image should be a better choice.

2. Make i18n text output under X as feature rich as Win32 (which is still pretty weak). I created a HasChar method for font (only X) and am slowly creating the list necessary for static analysis of fonts and the languages they provide. I should have the data available in abut a week and then we can decide which is the best method to determine at runtime the font. I also created a function that returns the script for a unicode character with only a few binary operations and a couple of if's, so I'm going for using that return value as an index for a font list.
Re: Draw was added to plugin/png. [message #19252 is a reply to message #19212] Sun, 23 November 2008 10:53 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
cbpporter wrote on Thu, 20 November 2008 08:44

I just noticed that Draw was added to plugin/png. Is this a good idea?

Well, it is reuired if you want to experiment with .dll builds...

Quote:

1. Image formats supported without X11 libs, for a server (this is a X only issue, since AFAIK one can call some GDI API from console windows applications). I haven't' investigated how this can be done, but and obvious solution would be to make an Image that is not dependent on Draw. So adding Draw seems a little counterintuitive. I doubt it is going to be easy to extract the X stuff from draw, so Image should be a better choice.

Ah, yes. We are discussing this for quite a long time (with Tom). We would absolutely liked X11 independent Draw. It is not so easy, unfortunately.... Sad

Mirek
Previous Topic: ImageFile (iml) #include [SOLVED]
Next Topic: how to use non integer coordinates (like OpenGL) with Draw?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:49:38 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01319 seconds