Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ TheIDE and Library: Releases and ChangeLogs » Major improvement of A++
Major improvement of A++ [message #19239] Sat, 22 November 2008 14:56 Go to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Gone are times when A++ used to insert function parameters into text - it now shows then nicely in small popup instead.
Re: Major improvement of A++ [message #19243 is a reply to message #19239] Sat, 22 November 2008 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kodos is currently offline  kodos
Experienced Member
This looks very good Smile

Just one small thing that is a little bit irritating is that when you have the popup open, and you enter a parameter where you use auto complete again, and in there you press enter, the popup text gets replaced by that parameter. It would be better if the method reference would stay as text.

I hope this makes it clear what I mean:
draw.DrawText(0, 0, someStruct.<ctrl+space, select something and press enter>
Re: Major improvement of A++ [message #19245 is a reply to message #19243] Sun, 23 November 2008 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
kodos wrote on Sat, 22 November 2008 17:17

This looks very good Smile

Just one small thing that is a little bit irritating is that when you have the popup open, and you enter a parameter where you use auto complete again, and in there you press enter, the popup text gets replaced by that parameter. It would be better if the method reference would stay as text.

I hope this makes it clear what I mean:
draw.DrawText(0, 0, someStruct.<ctrl+space, select something and press enter>

Well, I am afraid we will have to remember a set rather than a single item, right?

That will be fun Smile

Mirek
Re: Major improvement of A++ [message #19246 is a reply to message #19239] Sun, 23 November 2008 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
That would be even better, then it would work with function calls in functions, but currently the tooltip is even replaced if I select a variable or an enum, I don't think that is very usefull, and that is probably easier to fix Wink

But I have to say it again: The feature is really nice already Smile

[Updated on: Sun, 23 November 2008 00:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Major improvement of A++ [message #19249 is a reply to message #19246] Sun, 23 November 2008 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
kodos wrote on Sat, 22 November 2008 18:54

That would be even better, then it would work with function calls in functions, but currently the tooltip is even replaced if I select a variable or an enum, I don't think that is very usefull, and that is probably easier to fix Wink

Actually, it should not, that is strange. Can you post a complete testcase please. I have tested it, it worked well, only starting the tip when the item is function. Perhaps the possible explanation is that parser considers given item to be the function....

Mirek
Re: Major improvement of A++ [message #19256 is a reply to message #19249] Sun, 23 November 2008 16:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ultimate Member
Well, in any case, it now supports nested assists as well...

Mirek
Re: Major improvement of A++ [message #19263 is a reply to message #19239] Sun, 23 November 2008 19:21 Go to previous message
Experienced Member
Hm, ok with the new version everything works as expected, and the new nested assist is also very nice. Thanks Smile
Previous Topic: Warning - change in StoreAsXMLFile / LoadFromXMLFile
Next Topic: TheIDE Print
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:48:07 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01273 seconds