Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Installation, Compiling and Running of theide » Crash when using Microsoft's Virtual Desktop Manager [BUG]
Crash when using Microsoft's Virtual Desktop Manager [BUG] [message #1568] Thu, 09 March 2006 00:53 Go to next message
Justin is currently offline  Justin
I love to use Virtual Desktop Managers for increased productivity. As of now, the free Microsoft Virtual Desktop Manager is having problems with theIDE. If I switch to a different desktop while running theIDE, the main window does not repaint itself when I return to the Desktop with theIDE in it. I have to close out of the program and reopen it for everything to work properly.

602Beta4
Windows XP SP2

[Updated on: Tue, 02 May 2006 11:19] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Crash when using Microsoft's Virtual Desktop Manager [message #1641 is a reply to message #1568] Sat, 11 March 2006 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
Justin wrote on Wed, 08 March 2006 18:53

I love to use Virtual Desktop Managers for increased productivity. As of now, the free Microsoft Virtual Desktop Manager is having problems with theIDE. If I switch to a different desktop while running theIDE, the main window does not repaint itself when I return to the Desktop with theIDE in it. I have to close out of the program and reopen it for everything to work properly.

602Beta4
Windows XP SP2

I have downloaded VDM, but have problem to reproduce the bug. Must be more conditions for that to happen that just switching desktop (also, please try with the latest version).

Mirek
Re: Crash when using Microsoft's Virtual Desktop Manager [message #8113 is a reply to message #1641] Fri, 09 February 2007 19:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
deltastorm is currently offline  deltastorm
Has this bug ever been tracked down? I am having the same problem with 2007.1 beta 3 on WinXP. If I am running theide, switch to another virtual desktop, then switch back, theide will eat up all my CPU cycles and be unable to redraw itself. The only way to close the program is through Task Manager.

WinXP SP2
nVidia 6150LE
Re: Crash when using Microsoft's Virtual Desktop Manager [message #8114 is a reply to message #8113] Fri, 09 February 2007 23:21 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
deltastorm wrote on Fri, 09 February 2007 13:38

Has this bug ever been tracked down? I am having the same problem with 2007.1 beta 3 on WinXP. If I am running theide, switch to another virtual desktop, then switch back, theide will eat up all my CPU cycles and be unable to redraw itself. The only way to close the program is through Task Manager.

WinXP SP2
nVidia 6150LE

No, not yet. Any information is highly welcome.

Mirek
Previous Topic: Look of the IDE on kubuntu 6.10
Next Topic: slackware 10 - build problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:00:32 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00959 seconds