Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ TheIDE » U++ TheIDE: Installation, Compiling and Running of theide » Usb memory stick mobile TheIde
Usb memory stick mobile TheIde [message #19391] Sun, 30 November 2008 15:21 Go to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hello all

I wanted to ask you if it is possible and how to package TheIde and the external tools like gcc compiler in an usb memory stick for using it in Linux without installation.

Best regards
Koldo

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Usb memory stick mobile TheIde [message #19394 is a reply to message #19391] Sun, 30 November 2008 19:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
masu is currently offline  masu
Hi Koldo,

you can have a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UNetbootin
I successfully used Ubuntu and Puppy Linux with it.

Of course, it should also be possible to use it as if it were installed on the local system. Format your stick with ext2 or ext3 and put upp on it including a compiled TheIDE. Also copy your .upp/ide folder onto your stick which you should then link/copy into your home folder on the Linux system you are currently logged in.
Also copy GCC folders onto your stick and adjust paths in your build methods accordingly.

Matthias

[Updated on: Sun, 30 November 2008 20:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Usb memory stick mobile TheIde [message #19414 is a reply to message #19394] Tue, 02 December 2008 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
koldo is currently offline  koldo
Senior Veteran
Hi Matthias

Ok. I will try it.

About gcc I will search which programs TheIde uses and I will copy them into the TheIde folder to try no to change the path.

Best regards
Koldo

Best regards
Iñaki
Re: Usb memory stick mobile TheIde [message #19417 is a reply to message #19391] Tue, 02 December 2008 19:42 Go to previous message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
If you get mingw version of windows upp, it is quite selfcontained already (everything important is in "c:\upp").
You may need to do something about paths maybe.

Also search for description of how to run both stable 2008.1 and upp.svn together, there is lot of info what has to be set up and where (it has been discussed a bit, how to set it up under linux in /home path) to make it "run", although the gcc part is solved by OS under linux.
Previous Topic: OpenBSD port running
Next Topic: No more graphic display after installing UPP
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:25:21 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01384 seconds