Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Developing U++ » U++ TheIDE and Library: Releases and ChangeLogs » X11 compiz issues & fixes
X11 compiz issues & fixes [message #19827] Sun, 25 January 2009 13:25
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
There was a long existing bug of strangely and randomely missing (not painted) parts of windows when compiz is active.

Well, I have not found the real reason, although based on experiments I suspect that the bug is not in U++. However, I have found that the problem disappears when backpaint is active.

Therefore, I have made BackPaint active when compiz is present. That seems to have fixed the issue.

Also, I have fixed autorepeat combining in X11 (for some quite time, count in Key was always 1) and menu effects (disabled for compiz, as it has its own effects).

One thing I do not quite like is that for some reason, the reaction to user actions (e.g. typing) might have some weird "delayed" feel, although it is barely recognizable. Maybe it is only the problem of caret repainting... But any comments and clues there are welcome.

Well, that nominally fixes the first problem of X11 I was aware of. Second problem is wrong default font size in debian proper - any suggestions there are welcome.

Mirek
Previous Topic: Painter in Draw, Report using Painter
Next Topic: X11 caret
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:35:54 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01322 seconds