Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » Win32 / Linux layouts
Win32 / Linux layouts [message #20107] Wed, 18 February 2009 09:25
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
This is a reply to a message sent by PM, which I believe has universal importance:

Quote:

Now a "problem" i have. I've coded my app mostly on Linux and now when i've ported it to Windows to build it for release i have problems related to windows made with layout editor. If in Linux they were looking good now on Windows i have to re-arrange them, resize some widgets, windows, to achieve a Windows Look and Feel, it's isn't "normal", no?, i know in theIDE we not change layout based on which OS it run. What's your advice? Programming it on Windows to look good on Windows and then it will look almost good on Linux(or viceversa and look bad on Win) ? Or you have some standards which you follow, such as height and width of buttons, labels, spaces between Switch controls, spaces between widgets, etc.

In short, LayoutZoom system is not all powerful. I think that changes you see are due to differences between basic GUI fonts.

Usually, you have to perform sort of iterative fix - fix what looks bad in Win32, then recheck in Linux etc.. Usually, you just have to increase the size of widgets a little...

Mirek
Previous Topic: Help needed dealing with switch control
Next Topic: Printing / Get Text length?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:32:09 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.08229 seconds