Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » Community » Coffee corner » Commercial soft or OpenSource (What kind of programs you create using Ultimate++?)?
Commercial soft or OpenSource (What kind of programs you create using Ultimate++?)? [message #20506] Sat, 21 March 2009 15:49 Go to next message
sergeynikitin is currently offline  sergeynikitin
Contributor

What you create using Ultimate++ (by delivery way)[ 13 votes ]
1. Commercial Soft 6 / 46%
2. Open source soft (free source - that is an open publishing on its site) 1 / 8%
3. Free soft 3 / 23%
4. Just write a test program for yourself, to explore the C++ and Ultimate++. 3 / 23%

What kind of programs you create using Ultimate++?

Interesting to know how many people write complete programs using Ultimate + +, and what percentage of them - the commercial (by delivery way).

A couple of words - why.

SergeyNikitin<U++>( linux, wine )
{
    under( Ubuntu || Debian || Raspbian );
}

[Updated on: Thu, 09 April 2009 09:01]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Commercial soft or OpenSource (What kind of programs you create using Ultimate++?)? [message #20511 is a reply to message #20506] Sat, 21 March 2009 21:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrei_natanael is currently offline  andrei_natanael
Experienced Member
Hi,
Until now I've made two projects for University which are semi-open-source(not everyone have access to sources, but some do), small utilities to solve my problems(this is private software) and one program (for a non-profit organization) which right now I've released as freeware but I'm thinking to extend it and maybe in near future to sell it to other organizations. So, I'm doing open-source, freeware, private, commercial software. For which one to vote? Rolling Eyes I think this poll should be extended to fit all categories of software.
Re: Commercial soft or OpenSource (What kind of programs you create using Ultimate++?)? [message #20513 is a reply to message #20511] Sat, 21 March 2009 22:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor

I consider Open Source - as a way to deliver programs to the end user. That is an open publishing on its site.

Please suggest new categories. I ready to extend list of categories.

{
}

[Updated on: Sat, 21 March 2009 22:45]

Re: Commercial soft or OpenSource (What kind of programs you create using Ultimate++?)? [message #20537 is a reply to message #20513] Sun, 22 March 2009 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
commercial - oss
commercial - freeware
commercial - oss - freeware
Re: Commercial soft or OpenSource (What kind of programs you create using Ultimate++?)? [message #20538 is a reply to message #20537] Sun, 22 March 2009 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor

what? it's items for new poll? Or additional items for this poll?
I can't change all existing items.

{
}

[Updated on: Sun, 22 March 2009 14:39]

Re: Commercial soft or OpenSource (What kind of programs you create using Ultimate++?)? [message #20540 is a reply to message #20538] Sun, 22 March 2009 19:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member

Kind of software you develop with U++[ 15 votes ]
1. commercial 2 / 13%
2. open-source 1 / 7%
3. freeware 2 / 13%
4. commercial and open-source 1 / 7%
5. commercial and freeware 4 / 27%
6. open-source and freeware 1 / 7%
7. commercial, open-source and freeware 4 / 27%

You don't have to create a new poll, just add these options, in that way I may vote for last one Razz . Some people are doing both open source software and commercial software and i think it's not possible to vote twice. Having all combinations between these categories of software would be good.

L.E.: typo correction in poll

[Updated on: Wed, 08 April 2009 08:26]

Re: Commercial soft or OpenSource (What kind of programs you create using Ultimate++?)? [message #20548 is a reply to message #20540] Sun, 22 March 2009 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor

I vote in your poll!

{
}
Re: Commercial soft or OpenSource (What kind of programs you create using Ultimate++?)? [message #20773 is a reply to message #20540] Mon, 06 April 2009 00:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Until now we have:
  • 5.5 users for commercial software
  • 5.5 users for freeware
  • 3 users for open source software

If we put together freeware and open-source we get to the conclusion that U++ is used more for free programs than commercial.
Re: Commercial soft or OpenSource (What kind of programs you create using Ultimate++?)? [message #20777 is a reply to message #20773] Mon, 06 April 2009 07:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Contributor

andrei_natanael wrote on Mon, 06 April 2009

If we put together freeware and open-source we get to the conclusion that U++ is used more for free programs than commercial.

Stop!

There is no need to add anything.

OpenSourse is not a synonym for Free!

OpenSourse does not mean Free!

OpenSourse can be easily Commercial!

For example, try to download the free software distribution RedHat. It's Commercial!
Despite the fact that it's - OpenSource and based on its source is made CentOS.

Free or Commercial - it's delivery way. But Open Source or Proprietary - it's another property of software product.

Therefore, there is no need to add flies and cutlets. Razz

Free soft can be easily Proprietary and OpenSourse can be easily Commercial!

{
}

[Updated on: Mon, 06 April 2009 07:36]

Re: Commercial soft or OpenSource (What kind of programs you create using Ultimate++?)? [message #20793 is a reply to message #20540] Wed, 08 April 2009 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tojocky is currently offline  tojocky
Contributor

andrei_natanael wrote on Sun, 22 March 2009 20:55

You don't have to create a new poll, just add these options, in that way I may vote for last one Razz . Some people are doing both open source software and commercial software and i think it's not possible to vote twice. Having all combinations between these categories of software would be good.

L.E.: typo correction in poll

Maybe should be set combo box, but not radio box?
Need to add possibility to the user set multiple options and remove combined options from others!
Re: Commercial soft or OpenSource (What kind of programs you create using Ultimate++?)? [message #20796 is a reply to message #20793] Wed, 08 April 2009 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
Well, it wasn't my idea to open this poll. Anyway i think Sergey is pleased with result of the poll and i'm closing it.
Re: Commercial soft or OpenSource (What kind of programs you create using Ultimate++?)? [message #20800 is a reply to message #20796] Wed, 08 April 2009 13:32 Go to previous message
Contributor

Thanks to all who voted. (I would like of course so that more people voted).

With this vote, I was responding to criticism that it was impossible to speak of the commercial approach, based on OpenSource products.

{
}
Previous Topic: (Commercial) Upp consulting?!
Next Topic: How do I debug Ultimate++?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:59:02 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01413 seconds