Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Library : Other (not classified elsewhere) » Program icon
Program icon [message #20604] Wed, 25 March 2009 22:03 Go to next message
epichorns is currently offline  epichorns
Greetings,
First of all, I must congratulate you guys for developing such a nifty piece of software! I now use it daily to speed develop GUIs and integrate them with high-speed C++ algorithms! The best of both worlds, I'd say!

Question for the wizards out there: it might seem trivial, but I have not had time to investigate this further:
How do I specify the program icon (i.e. how do we specify the executable file icon)?

Thank you for your support!

Epichorns
Re: Program icon [message #20607 is a reply to message #20604] Thu, 26 March 2009 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mr_ped is currently offline  mr_ped
Experienced Contributor
During program run the application icon can be set similar in this way:
http://www.ultimatepp.org/src$CtrlCore$TopWindow$en-us.html
(see Icon function).

And this forum post deals with some information connected to executable like version number/etc., also mentioning file icon:
http://www.ultimatepp.org/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=147 93&

Can't find anything better about your question, so check this and post any problems, maybe somebody else will be able to help further.
Re: Program icon [message #20611 is a reply to message #20604] Thu, 26 March 2009 15:15 Go to previous message
mirek is currently offline  mirek
Ultimate Member
epichorns wrote on Wed, 25 March 2009 17:03

Question for the wizards out there: it might seem trivial, but I have not had time to investigate this further:
How do I specify the program icon (i.e. how do we specify the executable file icon)?

Assuming we are speaking about Win32 file eplorer icons...

Win32 uses the first icon that it finds in .exe resources. That means it is the only file we have to use .rc Smile

Insert .iml file into your main package, if you do not have any there yet. Insert 16x16 or 48x48 image there, right click Image.., choosie Export as .ico.

This is make icon designer to export the icon in .ico format, which is understood by .rc.

Then add single .rc file into package, and put

5555 ICON "icon.ico"

Into it. That is all - U++ build system will recognize and compile .rc, putting your exported icon into .exe. As this will be the only icon (and the only resource Smile, windows file explorer will display it.

Note: For icons of program windows, use TopWindow::Icon....

Mirek
Previous Topic: n-State Button
Next Topic: OpenGL text drawing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:09:09 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02802 seconds