Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Library : Other (not classified elsewhere) » svn_1055 deb build - Help error message
svn_1055 deb build - Help error message [message #20817] Fri, 10 April 2009 15:27 Go to next message
slashmais is currently offline  slashmais
Promising Member
When I get the Help up the following error-message appears:

file:///.../out/GCC.Debug.Debug_full.Gui.Shared/%03topic:/id e/app/index-us does not exist

(I'm using a local build amd64 deb build from svn-version 1055)

I cannot search in the Help - this message keeps appearing.
What do I need to do to fix this?

Thanks
Re: svn_1055 deb build - Help error message [message #20826 is a reply to message #20817] Sat, 11 April 2009 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
andrei_natanael is currently offline  andrei_natanael
Experienced Member
Hi, are you on Linux(with KDE)? If yes, then this "bug" is known. It's not really a bug, the problem is that when a reference to a help topic isn't found theIDE is trying to access it's html version(IIRC), it's a fallback method. But because U++ use xdg-open to open external links if xdg-open is invoked with a bad argument on KDE it show an error message box(in Gnome it's simply ignored, only warnings appear in console if you run theIDE from it).
Re: svn_1055 deb build - Help error message [message #20833 is a reply to message #20826] Mon, 13 April 2009 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
andrei_natanael wrote on Sat, 11 April 2009 00:37

Hi, are you on Linux(with KDE)? If yes, then this "bug" is known. It's not really a bug, the problem is that when a reference to a help topic isn't found theIDE is trying to access it's html version(IIRC), it's a fallback method. But because U++ use xdg-open to open external links if xdg-open is invoked with a bad argument on KDE it show an error message box(in Gnome it's simply ignored, only warnings appear in console if you run theIDE from it).

Spot-on with 'Linux/KDE'! - I should have said that, sorry.
Thanks for the explanation.
How do I fix this?
Do I need to install something; fix some code somewhere?

TIA

Re: svn_1055 deb build - Help error message [message #20834 is a reply to message #20833] Mon, 13 April 2009 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
In CtrlLib/Help.cpp line 55 // LaunchWebBrowser(link);
I think this should stop showing you error messages. IIRC, i've used it when i was on KDE.
Re: svn_1055 deb build - Help error message - [WORK-AROUND found] [message #20835 is a reply to message #20834] Mon, 13 April 2009 10:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Promising Member
andrei_natanael wrote on Mon, 13 April 2009 09:19

In CtrlLib/Help.cpp line 55 // LaunchWebBrowser(link);
I think this should stop showing you error messages. IIRC, i've used it when i was on KDE.

Do I need to recompile the entire upp after commenting the line?
Thanks for your help so far.

[edit]
Recompiled, and the bug is gone!

Now I need to find out how the bug occurs in the first place,
any pointers ?
What do I need to do to treat upp itself as a package and debug it?

[Updated on: Mon, 13 April 2009 11:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: svn_1055 deb build - Help error message - [WORK-AROUND found] [message #20839 is a reply to message #20835] Mon, 13 April 2009 17:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Experienced Member
slashmais wrote on Mon, 13 April 2009 11:08

Recompiled, and the bug is gone!

Now I need to find out how the bug occurs in the first place,
any pointers ?

I've implemented the correct LaunchWebBrowser under Linux(with bytefield id) and i know it is calling xdg-open to open a link, so if you call theide from console you will see every call to xdg-open(it's called when you click on a hyper-link). In that way i've spotted that xdg-open is called and fail on kde because the argument to it is wrong. I've searched for LaunchWebBrowser calls and the one from Help.cpp was responsible for xdg-open failure. I've used LOG(link); IIRC to see if it's get called with a bad argument. I've talked to Mirek about that and he said that it was using there as a fallback method and(IIRC) it get called because some wrong references in theIDE help topics.
Re: svn_1055 deb build - Help error message [message #20916 is a reply to message #20817] Fri, 17 April 2009 18:41 Go to previous message
sapiency is currently offline  sapiency
Hi,

I use XFCE4 as desktop. in current revision (1066), it opens firefox with this url every time when I type a letter in the search field. I removed the line and now it is possible to search in the documentation without opening firefox after each sign ...

on windows it works IMHO fine ..

maybe it is usefull to remove this line for linux until there is a working solution ...

reinhard

[Updated on: Fri, 17 April 2009 18:46]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: OpenGL text drawing
Next Topic: Svn 1095 breaks linking of PdfDraw on linux
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 22:35:34 CEST 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03275 seconds