Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » TopWindow&PopUp, TrayIcon » Double-click a file and open the App
Double-click a file and open the App [message #20985] Thu, 23 April 2009 18:59 Go to next message
nixnixnix is currently offline  nixnixnix
I am using an app derived from TopWindow and I want it to be able to open my document type by double-clicking on the file in windows (not sure if linux works this way too). I've tried looking for command line arguments but there don't seem to be any nor any way to process a filename in TopWindow.

I'm clearly barking up the wrong tree here. Any clues would be greatly appreciated.

Just to be clear, I want to add the kind of behaviour that is exemplified by double-clicking a Word document and Word opening with the document loaded.

Cheers,

Nick

[Updated on: Thu, 23 April 2009 19:00]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Double-click a file and open the App [message #21029 is a reply to message #20985] Mon, 27 April 2009 13:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mrjt is currently offline  mrjt
Contributor
There are two parts to this:
1- Telling windows to start your app when a certain document type is double clicked. This is presumably controlled by there registry, but there may well be some sort of Windows API call to do it for you. There should be plenty of info on the 'net.

2- Accessing the command line can be done using CammandLine(). I assume this is how Windows passes the filename, though I'm not certain.

[Updated on: Mon, 27 April 2009 18:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Double-click a file and open the App [message #21037 is a reply to message #21029] Tue, 28 April 2009 03:47 Go to previous message
nixnixnix is currently offline  nixnixnix
Hmmm, not sure why it wasn't working before but for reference, in WIN32 at least (Vista 64), the following code works

GUI_APP_MAIN
{
	const Vector<String>& cmdline = CommandLine();
	int argc = cmdline.GetCount();

OpenWind prog;

DUMP(argc);

if(argc)
	{
		DUMP(cmdline[0]);
		prog.OpenS(cmdline[0]);
	}

prog.Zoomable().Sizeable().Run();