Status & Roadmap
FAQ
Authors & License
Forums
Funding Ultimate++
Search on this site
Search in forums

SourceForge.net Logo
Home » U++ Library support » U++ Widgets - General questions or Mixed problems » a dll usage failure
a dll usage failure [message #21038] Tue, 28 April 2009 08:25 Go to next message
bonami is currently offline  bonami
Experienced Member
ezcommon is a proven library by me. i've compiled it as a dll (in Release directory). ezcommon is built using VS2008 and i'm using U++ for consoletest with those VS compilers.

in the consoletest program, i create one or two ezoi instances for screen/file output. the result is not right. if i use no sub-functions in consoletest, i.e, write all the code in the main function, the screen output will be awfully wrong.

to check this, copy ezcommon.lib into consoletest directory to enable linking and copy ezcommon.dll into upp output file to enable running.

the simplest flow,
	ezoi e;
	e.dsp(ezoi::OILVL_INFO, std::string("testing"));
, won't work. this string is somehow affixed with unrecognizable data.
  • Attachment: ez.zip
    (Size: 934.59KB, Downloaded 229 times)

[Updated on: Tue, 28 April 2009 08:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: a dll usage failure [message #21042 is a reply to message #21038] Tue, 28 April 2009 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mindtraveller is currently offline  Mindtraveller
Experienced Contributor

It is generally not recommended to use any non-POD types as parameters to DLL functions because it causes many potential problems (please google more information about them). Try to use (const char *) argument instead of std::string as well as use "simple" (POD) types instead of classes/structures as parameters.
icon14.gif  Re: a dll usage failure [message #21058 is a reply to message #21042] Wed, 29 April 2009 11:18 Go to previous message
bonami is currently offline  bonami
Experienced Member
thank you.
Previous Topic: MultiLanguage on Werner Wenzel's Standard Application UPT?
Next Topic: Formating date according to the country
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 15:22:18 CET 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02536 seconds